Railroad Forums 

• Conrail Trains on the Lackawanna Cutoff?

• Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.
Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.

Moderators: TAMR213, keeper1616

#551520  by JJMDiMunno

Hey guys,
Does anyone here know of any existing pictures of CONRAIL trains on the Lackawanna Cutoff in NJ? I'm talking about trains that ran between the beginning of the Conrail era in 1976, and the abandonment of the Cutoff by Conrail in 1979. I'm finding these images to be amazingly difficult to locate.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - those not wishing to publically release their work can contact me privately via email or private message.

Additionally, I am aware that there exists a picture of the salvage train in 1984, though I am now unable to locate that image also. If someone could point me in the direction of that image, I'd appreciate that also.

Many thanks,
Mike DiMunno
 #551537  by Noel Weaver

I might have a slide of the salvage train in New Jersey. I do not remember whether I actually took the picture or not, got
close enough to but encoutered a nest of Yellow Jackets and got the hell out of there fast.
Noel Weaver
 #551760  by JJMDiMunno

tech2187 wrote:perhaps this page has what you are talking about?
http://www.gsmrrclub.org/HISTORY/history5f.html
Absolutely! That's the one, thanks. Anyone have any other photos during the Conrail era that they could share? Location photos would be best - anything would be appreciated.

Mike DiMunno