Railroad Forums 

Discussion about Florida passenger rail operations including proposals. Official web-sites:
Miami/Dade Metrorail, Sunrail (Orlando), and Tri-County Commuter Rail Authority
For Virgin Rail/Brightline: Virgin Trains Worldwide (includes Brightline)

Moderator: Kurt-Trirail

#519333  by kitn1mcc

And how do you guys keep the loco sooo clean

#519360  by DutchRailnut

Thats not a plow, its a trespasser removal devise, can also be used to move personal automobiles.

#519366  by kitn1mcc

yeah i could see the need for that. i wonder how clean that white would stay up north here

#521806  by Kurt-Trirail

Plow was there when they bought them from NS, in fact, being ex-SOU, they had plows of the same sort front and rear. Rear ones were removed.

And they aren't as clean as you think - come and see them in person :wink:

-Kurt

#522045  by kitn1mcc

they are alot cleaner and brighter than the C-dot loco

#522067  by Kurt-Trirail

Con-Dot? Only units they have that are remotely white are the NH Genesis units. Otherwise, their roster is mostly silver.

-Kurt

#522087  by kitn1mcc

this is clean most of them are very grungy

#522981  by Kurt-Trirail

kitn1mcc wrote:this is clean most of them are very grungy
Show me grungy, then.

-Kurt

#522993  by kitn1mcc

i will have to bring the cam to work tomrrow
 #617418  by Kurt-Trirail

EDIT: Penn Central - that's the first time I've seen one of the DMU coaches paired with the Bombardier equipment. Do you have any other photos of this consist?

#814's damage, if I recall correctly, was a result of the January 9th (2008) grade crossing collision with scofflaw motorist Arthur Brauer. The entire front pilot/steps were bent rearwards from the impact:

As luck would have it, the grabrail was right in front of the bend, but one should be able to make out the crease in the stepwell frame (just above the lower grabrail fixing bolt).

-Kurt
 #617970  by Penn Central

Kurt-Trirail wrote:EDIT: Penn Central - that's the first time I've seen one of the DMU coaches paired with the Bombardier equipment. Do you have any other photos of this consist?
Kurt: Noel and I were riding train P665 on 12/20 from Ft. Lauderdale to MetroRail Transfer with this consist, so I only have two photos. Here's the second one with the GP49 and DMU coach at Metro-Rail Transfer (running late, as you can see from the clock).

~Pierce

#619067  by Kurt-Trirail

Interesting. I found a YouTube clip of a similar consist, but equipped with a single Bombardier CC and the DMU trailer.

EDIT: I see #814 has additional plow damage to the photos I took a while ago.

Incidentally - #810 is presently wearing a plow from a GP49. I assume they made use of the double plows left over and finished them to match the TRCX orange scheme as spares.

That said, was #810 involved in an accident recently? Must have been pretty bad to wreck the original AMTK plow beyond repair.

Take care,

-Kurt
 #648161  by KAWASAKI-FAN100

Can some one tell me what the F sticker for? I figured it was a sticker symbolizing the front of a vehicle.