Railroad Forums 

• BNSF Engineer Training

• Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM
Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM

Moderator: Komachi

#512619  by route_rock

Well this monday I go to KC to the technical training center for engineer training. Yaaaaahhhhh woo hoooo . Thing is I am going to Denver for the OJT ( kinda a hike from Illinois lol) Hopefully I can get the engineer rights transfered back to the Burg soon if not back to hosteling. I see a few engineers in Denver are conductors at this time so hopefully I will be able to get home quicker.
Yeah I knew the risks coming in but I got ticked off when they canceled the Beardstown class I was in and I just fired off bids for all the other LETP programs and whammo in I go to Denver.Top of the class to seniority wise.
So if you see a lost flatlander out in Colorado wave, Ill wave back :P

#512897  by Denver

Yeah, I think you did do it now rock.
You won't be able to transfer that Denver date anywhere, providing that you even pass the class.
I hope you like living where the average price of a home is $420 G's

#512905  by jz441

True!

You can NOT transfer engineers date, unless you were promoted before September of 1995 (pre merger).

#512967  by Denver

Actually, that's not correct jz....you can indeed transfer them.
If you go ATSF to ATSF, or BN to BN....you keep your original date.

BN to ATSF or vice versa, your date is the day your transfer.

I've already heard rock's name and the roster he will be training on, and found his post here quite by accident.

So rock can save the woohoo, he can save the "i'll transfer the engineer date to Galesburg soon" thing, cause he can't....it won't be approved by the General Manager.

With a 3 yr primary recall to Denver, I hope he likes the 650 mile commute to work when he's recalled.

The truth is, we're like every other terminal on the system, we don't want him and the other guys here....he takes air from our own guys to breathe that can't get in the class.

Rock won't affect me unless he has more than 35 yrs seniority, he will also make no friends in Denver, Colorado

#512981  by jz441

Denver wrote:Actually, that's not correct jz....you can indeed transfer them.
If you go ATSF to ATSF, or BN to BN....you keep your original date.

Four years ago, I was thinking about transferring to Albuquerque... My transfer was denied due to manpower shortage, but if I went I would have been at the bottom of their roster.
The only way I could have kept my original date was if that local agreed to it. (1998 agreement).

#513138  by freshmeat

JZ said what I heard. I was looking at Amarillo and try to transfer back to kansas or swap seniority. The LC told me that it would first have to be approved by the Div. GM, then both locals would have to vote on it. Now this si former SF terminal, so I have no idea about former BN. I do know that a straight transfer involves going to the bottom of the seniority roster. If you can get it done at all.
 #649208  by Engineer Spike

Things must have changed. I won the bid on a Bearestown class in 1998. The roadforman said that I could not take it because I had always worked the 06 Il- WI roster, and had no seniority in he 08 roster. I never went to the union, but I got a Galesburg position shortly after anyway.