Railroad Forums 

• LV 112 sold, and moving north

• Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.
Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.

Moderator: scottychaos

#479299  by GN 599

me me me!

#479892  by WNYP431

Heard she is already sold....does anyone know where it went and how much it went for?

#480088  by GOLDEN-ARM

Appears to be owned by Ed Bowers, of " Vintage Locomotive Inc." fame. Waiting to hear back from him, on it's status.

#480536  by GN 599

What happened GA I figured you would have dibs on that one! :-D

#480537  by GOLDEN-ARM

Been in contact with Ed, throughout the day. He does actually own the 112, and it has an "offer", from a shortline. IF that falls through, I've made an offer, pending the ability to transport it for less than the purchase price. It was parked in running condition, although it has a leaking liner, and radiator has slight freeze damage (leaks). The pictures he sent show the original paint peeking through the peeling third repaint she is wearing, now. :wink:

#480696  by Lehighton_Man

what is he asking for 112, GA?
Just cuorious.
Cheers,
Sean
 #480736  by Lehighrrgreg

GA- This offer probably stands similar to those you may have gotten from many other historical groups, but If you need a place to store it in exchange for the attraction value of the engine sitting there, the Sayre Historical Society has plenty of room on the display track on the passenger station grounds if you are interested at any point. We'd set it up with LV95011 and the U23B when that gets finished and arrives. You also have the option of GE Railcar repair right across the yard for any work you may need done.

Greg

#480859  by GOLDEN-ARM

Lehighton_Man wrote:what is he asking for 112, GA?
Just cuorious.
Cheers,
Sean
A lot....... :wink:
LehighRRGreg wrote:You can always park that super awesome, valuable treasure near her home if you want........

small liberties taken, with actual quote.... :-D

Thanks for the offer, Greg, I'm just waiting to see if it's really sold, and if not, how much to load it onto a flatcar, and ship it to a location yet to be named........ :wink:

#480894  by lvrr325

Sayre had their chance at it a while ago. Unit needs extensive brake work to be operable - per a knowledgeable person who inspected it.

#480906  by JhnZ33

Where does the 112 reside currently? It doesn't really say in the ad (just a state location, we don't want anyone to go trespassing).

JP

#480962  by JhnZ33

scottychaos wrote:
JhnZ33 wrote:Where does the 112 reside currently? It doesn't really say in the ad (just a state location, we don't want anyone to go trespassing).

JP
Tennessee.

Scot
Thanks Scot. She's a long way from home then, huh?

JP
 #481015  by Lehighrrgreg

HAHA, thats a much better line than the one I offered Golden. Ill grant you artistic license on that rewrite. Glad its going to be brought back into the sunlight. As stated by LVRR325, it was offered to us through a 3rd party about 6 or so years ago at quite a great deal of money (withheld because I have a feeling it may end up being similar to whats at stake now) but those were the days when we just got the Sayre station and the financial responsibilities therein and wasnt feasable for us.

Good luck in your bid, GA

#485294  by GOLDEN-ARM

Got an email from Ed yesterday. The 112 has been sold, an will be shipped to it's new home, very close to her "original" home. Plans are to rescue her, and return her to the ORIGINAL Pre-War paint scheme!!! This is good news for the new owners, and Valley fans everywhere, but slightly sad news, for me...... :(