Railroad Forums 

• Beep and GP40

• Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM
Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM

Moderator: Komachi

#474400  by Tadman

I saw the Beep in person last week, sitting in the SE corner of the Topeka shop complex. It's pretty clean too.

#474598  by uhaul

glad to here good Beep news Tadman.

#476894  by ThePointyHairedBoss

Wow! She's even still in the pinstripe livery! Now THATS how ALL BNSF units should be painted! :-D

#478088  by CNW1212

I love the BNSF roster. It has some of the oldest locomotives for any class 1 railroad. I was looking through some old pictues that I had taken last year, and found one of an ex ATSF GP40X, leading a Dash 8-40CW on a stacktrain! Only BNSF would run power like that. I have seen a lot of old BN SD9s too! It's great that some railroad will keep them in service. Don't they have an old baldwin SWBLW with a rebuilt EMD engine, at on of thier shops? 1460 is the number I belive. Have any of you seen 1717 latley? He came through a few months ago, and I'm wondering where he is now. I just saw the christmas train on the CP today. It was holding up a BNSF coal train, and a CP Rail mix freight.

#478529  by GN 599

BNSF 1717 is in storage in Topeka now.

#480519  by GN 599

Hey I was just telling him about a locomotive he mentioned on this thread. If I were going to talk about the SD9's I would start a new thread. :wink: Anyway long live the beep!

#483540  by uhaul

My apologies GN 599.

Happy Holidays
 #631749  by Leo_Ames

If the new issue of Trains is to be belived, the Beep is done. :(

I hope she finds a nice home to enjoy retirement in rather than a scrapyard.
 #633544  by atsf sp

I was in Topeka but i didn't find the BNSF shops. If I knew they had this engine I would have looked harder. Too bad.
 #634866  by GN 599

Its still on the roster, though I am not sure if its operational. All it takes is a good recession to wipe out stuff like that.
 #635153  by Leo_Ames

The story said it was stored operable, but won't be returning to active service.