Railroad Forums 

• Ethanol plant near Syracuse to get Alcos

• Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.
Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.

Moderator: Alcoman

#444170  by Alcoman

Just leaned that an Ethanol Plant near Baldwinsville (old Budwiser Plant) will be getting 2 Alco's to switch the plant. The plant is located on the former DL&W-EL line between Syracuse & Oswego. The units are coming from the "South". This is all I know right now.
Anyone have any other information?

#444311  by GOLDEN-ARM

Maybe the two C-628's from "south of the border", are returning to the region of their birth? (yeah, I know, dream on......)

#445661  by blabey

Think Northwest Arkansas - not "the south."

#446005  by Alcochaser

Surely A&M is not selling any alcos?

Or do you mean the two Little Rock and Western C420

#447447  by Alcoman

While in Scranton Tuesday, a railfan told me the switching contract was won by the A&M and they will be sending up an RS32 and a C420 for power.
Interesting..... :-D

#447515  by thebigham

Yes! Very...

Yes, 2 more Alco for NYS.
 #447536  by LocoEngineer7

Alcoman wrote:Just leaned that an Ethanol Plant near Baldwinsville (old Budwiser Plant) will be getting 2 Alco's to switch the plant. The plant is located on the former DL&W-EL line between Syracuse & Oswego. The units are coming from the "South". This is all I know right now.
Anyone have any other information?
Actually you are incorrect about the location of the Ethanol Plant. It is being built in Fulton, NY on the site of the former Miller Brewery, not the Budweiser brewery (formerly Schlitz) in B-ville.

Rick