Railroad Forums 

• More Erie Mining RS11's

• Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.
Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.

Moderator: Alcoman

#444322  by PRRGuy

7205 and 7210 were in service until recently at a grain elevator in Watseka, IL...now I wish I could've gotten pics of them there.

#444643  by thebigham

pablo wrote:Is there other ex-Erie Mining stuff, ALCOs included, left to purchase? I thought that it was all disposed of by this point.

Dave Becker
Erie Mining sold all the Alcos off years ago.

These are all new transactions.

#444700  by pablo

So....is there other Erie Mining stuff left to purchase, then?

Dave Becker

#446156  by thebigham

Erie Mining sold all the Alcos and Baldwins on their propery. All were shipped out to the new owners.

EM still has some EMDs for sale.

#446177  by pablo

I would imagine the F units and the like. Where are they listed...or is it a private thing?

Dave Becker

#446357  by mandealco

Hi
When the M&E units were shipped out from Erie Mining, RS-11 # 7209 was being used as Erie Mining's plant switcher. Does anyone know what happened to the 7209? I haven't seen any mention of it since, but the fact they were using it implies it was one of the better units at the time.

Cheers
Steve
Modelling NJ in NZ.