Railroad Forums 

• CARTIER ALCO's(ALCOMAN some help please)

• Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.
Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.

Moderator: Alcoman

#445318  by sallenparks

I was in cohocton yesterday and noticed that M636 #3666 was renumbered back to 45. I've gotten use to the fact that most dont care about the things I see or hear and THAT's FINE but do you know why it's been given it''s old number again.I posted this on the LAL forum but they don't understand English so some help would be GREAT if you can.

#445337  by Alcoman

I don't have an answer on this yet, but I will do some digging and see what I can find out.
(maybe its going back to the Cartier on loan) :-D Haha...

#445628  by sallenparks

Hey John you seem to have your fingers on the pulse of most ALCO doings. I was wondering if you heard anything on one of the C636's going to ED BOWERS.A little while ago but not last Thursday I was on the B&H corp and over heard Kevin dont know his last name talking on his cell phone to someone about it. I think he works for the B&H as he was in the cab of 4264 and someone from inside the shop was looking for him that's how I got his first name.Any ideas.

#445632  by Alcoman

Kevin McGarvey is the CMO of the LA&L. I am taking a wild guess here so don't hold me to it, but maybe Kevin is making a deal for Ed Bowers to hang on to one of C636's for preservation that Kevin does not need for now.

The other wild thought that crosses my mind is that there is a MLW M630 (x-CB&CNS in Indiana that may have a good 16-251 in it. Maybe Kevin is trying to acquire this 16-251 to place in the C636 that needs a new 251 engine....
I have not talked to Kevin in awhile so like I said, these are just wild guesses.

#445642  by sallenparks

That's a really good guess I didn't tell you that part.The last part I over heard was the C636 might be trade for the C630m 2028 or maybe the C630 34 he didn't say which one.John your a mind reader or a witch HA HA I kidd.

#445645  by Alcoman

sallenparks wrote:That's a really good guess I didn't tell you that part.The last part I over heard was the C636 might be trade for the C630m 2028 or maybe the C630 34 he didn't say which one.John your a mind reader or a witch HA HA I kidd.
That's why I am "the" Alcoman...hehehehe :-D :-D

#445668  by sallenparks

With out a dought your "the" ALCOMAN.One more question then I'll stop asking.Did you ever work for a railroad or do you have a lot of friends that do cause WOW how do you do it.That's it for me I'm thinking of leaveing the group for good so I wont be a bother anymore you guy's for the most part do a good job keep it up.

#445681  by Alcoman

sallenparks wrote:With out a dought your "the" ALCOMAN.One more question then I'll stop asking.Did you ever work for a railroad or do you have a lot of friends that do cause WOW how do you do it.That's it for me I'm thinking of leaveing the group for good so I wont be a bother anymore you guy's for the most part do a good job keep it up.
Yes I have worked for 2 railroads. I do have friends that work on a railroad.
Don't feel you have to leave the group. Your input is welcome and needed.
You are NOT bothering anyone. You learn by asking questions. Ask all the questions you want. Thats what this forum is all about. :-D

#446618  by BR&P

I am amazed at the stupidity and lack of common sense displayed by some so-called "fans". The LA&L family is one of the most fan-friendly shortlines around. For someone to be allowed on the property, and then post on the internet a private conversation he overheard an employee making, is beyond rude and irresponsible. If the day ever comes that LA&L bans fans from its property, it's stupid classless idiots like this who will be to blame.

#446658  by pablo

Agreed. Quite stupid to post a phone conversation and feign ignorance about two of the more important people on the ALCO world.

Dave Becker

#446721  by sallenparks

First of all both of you unbunch your panties and stay the hell out of it.Secondly I'm not giveing away business secerts here were talking locomotives nothing more if he thought it was a big deal I don't think he would of been talking so loud.Both you Idiots are paranoid and makes me wonder what kind of criminal activity your involved in.

#446724  by pablo

It would be wise to tone it down, my "friend". If you don't understand how overhearing a phone conversation while in a home shop and then posting said information online can cause problems, you truly are less than smart.

Don't post that sort of stuff online. Who's to say Kevin even knew you were there?

Don't do it again.

Dave Becker

#446752  by sallenparks

OK Dave I'm sorry I'm not mad at you you've always been helpful if I was out of line I'm sorry for that too.It's just that everytime I ask a question I get blamed for starting rumors I just thought that with a name I could avoid that. If Kevin is a member I'm SORRY I used bad judgement.

#446756  by pablo

You don't have to apologize to me. And I don't think Kevin is a member; he's too busy. I have no knowledge of what you talked about, so it may or may not be true, but that sort of thing requires discretion. I believe that Mr. Bowers has donated locomotives to museums before. If that's so, then perhaps the loco being dealt with is some sort of surprise for someone or some entity. Or perhaps the funding is not in place, so they are merely speaking in hypotheticals.

In any case, just because you know something, that doesn't mean you have to tell everyone. Especially in this case. If you happen to get the OK from Kevin, or someone else like that, go for it.

This is just my two cents. I suspect most here would agree.

Dave Becker

#446782  by Alcoman

sallenparks wrote:First of all both of you unbunch your panties and stay the hell out of it.Secondly I'm not giveing away business secerts here were talking locomotives nothing more if he thought it was a big deal I don't think he would of been talking so loud.Both you Idiots are paranoid and makes me wonder what kind of criminal activity your involved in.

OK GUYS! Let's cool it!!! Lets cut out the name calling Mr. Sallenparks!
If this discussion cannot be held in a civil manner, then I will shut down this thread. Got it?
OK then, lets talk Alcos...
Alcoman :-)