Railroad Forums 

• RAIL LINK SOLD A PAIR OF NND HR412'S

• Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.
Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.

Moderator: Alcoman

#420175  by Luther Brefo

Alcoman wrote:I am trying to trace this pair of HR412's that was sold to someone in the USA.
They were reported as being on CSX in transit.
They were seen in Michigan as shown in this link:

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/locoPi ... x?id=83173

Anyone know anything else?
Very interesting. Were they westbound or eastbound? I'll see what I can dig up. But who is NND? I suppose you meant BBD as in Bombardier?

#420208  by Alcoman

Luther,
The pics in the link are not mine, but they are Bombardier Locos.
I have no other info on them at this time.
I will take 4 guesses to where they MAY be going:
1) Lake State
2) Southern RR of NJ
3) A&M
4) NRE

#420226  by Luther Brefo

Alcoman wrote:Luther,
The pics in the link are not mine, but they are Bombardier Locos.
I have no other info on them at this time.
I will take 4 guesses to where they MAY be going:
1) Lake State
2) Southern RR of NJ
3) A&M
4) NRE
I'd add to that list,

5) M&E
6) OHCR (Ohio Central)

#420365  by 2spot

I just hope they aren't going for scrap. They were listed as stored unserviceable for at least three years in the Trackside guide.

#420374  by Alcoman

I am told they will be repaired and put in service on the new Marquette Railway.

#420417  by Luther Brefo

Alcoman wrote:I am told they will be repaired and put in service on the new Marquette Railway.
The new Marquette Railway? Who is this new Marquette Railway? Where are they located? Details please. :)

#420474  by Alcoman

The Marquette Railway will be operating a line between Manistee,Ludington and Grand Rapids, Michigan.
BTW, I am also told that Western Rail owns these units. Marquette Railway will operate them in exchange for doing the repair work.
Former Lake States CMO Mike Wood is now the CMO for this operation.

#424766  by MarkVZ

Marquette Railway will operate them in exchange for doing the repair work.
Where did you hear this? I'm not questioning the information, just curious as an acquaintance of Mike.

#424779  by Alcoman

MarkVZ wrote:
Marquette Railway will operate them in exchange for doing the repair work.
Where did you hear this? I'm not questioning the information, just curious as an acquaintance of Mike.
A guy who is a locomotive broker. If you have heard otherwise, let me know.

#425338  by 2spot

Out of curiosity, has anyone heard anything upcoming for SMNR 3536? Southern Manitoba Railway is due to be abandoned in the near future.