Railroad Forums 

• When was NYSW 3634 painted?

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#352327  by deezlfan

The first picture shows quite a bit of rust streaking already.
i dont see any. rust, only ice on it in on any picture
The image is pretty clear. There are certainly streaks of rust already under the class lights. I just hope the paint stands up.

#355287  by Kuyahoora Valley

Here's a photo of 3634 fresh from the RLW Paint Shop in late eighties. 3612 was the first SD45 painted at RLW and was released in summer 1987.

#355306  by scottychaos

The image is pretty clear. There are certainly streaks of rust already under the class lights. I just hope the paint stands up.

I dont think that has anything to do with the quality of the new paintjob..
there is probably rust inside the opening for the marker light, an area that probably wasnt repainted or refurbished in any way.

Fresh paint goes onto the loco...

first rain comes along, water leaks into the marker light housing, water leaks back out as rusty water, and stains the fresh paint.

Scot

#355531  by Steve F45

I was hoping to get a pic of 3634 today. It was down in RP along with 3636,3018,3022. 3 freshly painted units and the f45.
 #1455767  by Cactus Jack

Although this is an ancient thread I do happen to have an answer !

NYSW 3634 was placed "in-shop" at Rome Locomotive Works in Rome, NY on 11-9-1989 and was out shopped on 12-28-1989 in yellow jacket paint.

It was green BN 6542

Work involved:

Paint
Main and con-road bearing renewal
New wheels
Structural repair to the long hood.