Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

#322245  by blasito

I 've seen mention in articles (though I can't seem to find any online now) about the Harrison Redevelopment plan, that the PATH station in Harrison is going to be renovated. The county and city are building new parking facilities, but I can't find any details as to what else is planned. I hope the old east bound entrance is not demolished or remuddled. Does anyone know more details?

#325387  by Steve F45

isn't the new soccer stadium beeing built just to the south of the station?

#329168  by JLo

The soccer stadium is supposed to go southeast of the existing station. The rehab is probably going to happen soon, as spring '07 some of the demolition for the new development is supposed to begin.

#329230  by arrow

The demolition of the large buildings in the area is already complete south of Harrison. It looks like general sitework going on right now to clear the way for the stadium and survey the area.

#329575  by JLo

Arrow, yes, the stadium area is being cleared. I was talking about the residential and commercial area just north of the PATH station.

#329696  by arrow

Do you mean the area with the huge parking lot? If so, what will happen to the tons of people that use it?