Railroad Forums 

• NS H-02 - sightings and reports

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#305902  by washingtonsecondary

Sunday eh.... I don't think I'm doing anything.....

The chase is on!!!! ™© ®

#306027  by General

They made the H-02 a six day a week job.

#306052  by washingtonsecondary

Thats cool. Gives me a better chance to chase a train closer to home. But I guess it kinda sucks for the crew.

#306208  by denvillerailfan

Sorry for the delay...

Friday morning (10-13), H-02 was in the Bluelinx siding@ 9:10 AM.
All I could see was a GP... couldn't see in the siding, no cars on the Boonton line. So it was small whatever they were doing.

Never heard them on the scanner... they surprised me from rt80

Could the Thurs. /Fri. schedule have changed?

Just last week I caught them in Boonton @ the steel place on Thursday...
Then they didn't go to Reheis that Friday. It sounded like work was getting slower. SO why the 6 days?
May be it's slower east of Dover, but they have more west?

Could be interesting If I can get out onthe weekend though.
Sounds like fun...

Thanks for the heads up.

#306628  by blockline4180

Jeff,

Seems like work HAS been getting slower at Dietrich Steel... I have noticed that too... Any reason for that?? Also, I remember back in the late 1990's Georgia Pacific would get at least 5-10 box cars a week ....That new company who is there now probably gets a centerbeam on average 4 times a month... :(

#306649  by nick11a

Anyone catch the zero two yesterday?

#306666  by washingtonsecondary

I sorta did. I watched them pull out of East Dover yard. But lost them because of that stupid street fair in Dover closing the center of town to vehicle traffic. I caught up to them again at Chester Junction, but had to go home after that when my son fell asleep in the back seat.

#307004  by Shark

I got a few shots of the train here and there on sunday. Mostly while switching in East Dover and Chester Jct. I got a few more shots from the top of one of the hills in Saxon Falls, Hazen Road, and finally in Washington. The only railfans that I saw that day were the regulars at Hazen Road.

#307018  by nick11a

Yeah, couldn't get out this Sunday- wanted to, but couldn't. Well, if it is now a Sunday job, I'll have more chances to.

#307023  by washingtonsecondary

nick11a wrote:Yeah, couldn't get out this Sunday- wanted to, but couldn't. Well, if it is now a Sunday job, I'll have more chances to.
When you think abou it, it sort of makes sense to run west on a saturday or sunday. They would have the railroad to themselves since nothing runs west of dover on the weekends.

#307044  by denvillerailfan

washingtonsecondary wrote:When you think abou it, it sort of makes sense to run west on a saturday or sunday. They would have the railroad to themselves since nothing runs west of dover on the weekends.
Good point, but the Boonton line is dead too, plus the M&E line scedule does leave a lot of time open...

Once or twice I have seen then turn a car in Denville over the weekend. It's been a while though.

Had a conversation a couple weeks back that a lot of the construction related traffic starts to drop off this time of year.
I still see something in or out of Blulinx (ex -Georgia Pacific) box or centerbeam - seams like every week, so I guess it's not too bad.

#307191  by washingtonsecondary

H-02 rolled west off the Monty-Booty at about 12:30. They ran light with NS 3057, still in the Conrail Quality scheme.

#307197  by blockline4180

washingtonsecondary wrote:H-02 rolled west off the Monty-Booty at about 12:30. They ran light with NS 3057, still in the Conrail Quality scheme.
Only Washingtonsecondary might find this interesting, but the NS 3057 came into Allentown Saturday on the 10N Conway-Allentown road freight.. I was out in Cove, Pa over the weekend and caught him heading east...

The consist on Saturday 10/14 was as follows..

10N - EB Track 1 - 16:22
NS 2702/NS 9264/NS 3057*CR paint*

#308442  by Tri-State Tom

HO-2 EASTBOUND thru BAKER @ Morristown about 20 minutes ago.

Single Conrail painted GP ( couldn't ge # ) running long hood forward hauling 4 boxes, 2 tankers and the red Conrail SA Caboose.

#308581  by washingtonsecondary

They must have wanted to unload those Rheis cars today. H-02 went west through Hackettstown at around 1:15. I caught them at Port Murray with the 3057, the caboose and the Rheis tankers braced by a couple of boxcars. One of the boxcars had a DRG&W patch and number.