Railroad Forums 

• NS H-02 - sightings and reports

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#298860  by blockline4180

washingtonsecondary wrote:I saw an acid tank car at Blue Ridge/Georgia Pacific in Denville today. Anyone know what that was doing there? Seemed odd to me that a car, presumably for Rheis would be set off on the Booton Line. Maybe it has a faulty truck?
That is indeed pretty odd! I thought they went to Reheis chemical last Thursday. Even if it was faulty, they could have dropped it off on the stub track near the Denville wye, but the wire train was occupying the track...

#299044  by gravelyfan

Keeping with the unusual location reports, as of Monday evening there is a Corn Syrup tank car in the Dietrich yard in Boonton.

#299057  by Shark

There are cars scattered all over the place.

The NS H02 went east out of Washington this afternoon with the 5616 & 3051 both long hood forward with about 25 cars. Also, I think it was monday or wednesday that the H02 had a silver and red dining car and an empty NS flat car on the hind end both for the M&E. A few days earlier they delivered a green Maine Eastern dining car to the M&E.

#299095  by nick11a

Little late, but here's a photo from the 8th of this month of the zero two heading west at Netcong.

http://nick11a.rrpicturearchives.net/sh ... ?id=515073

#299104  by David

I like that picture, Nick!

#299199  by Tri-State Tom

Nice freshly cut lawn there....with a nice edge right up against the ballast !

#299205  by blockline4180

Shark wrote:There are cars scattered all over the place.

The NS H02 went east out of Washington this afternoon with the 5616 & 3051 both long hood forward with about 25 cars. Also, I think it was monday or wednesday that the H02 had a silver and red dining car and an empty NS flat car on the hind end both for the M&E. A few days earlier they delivered a green Maine Eastern dining car to the M&E.
Wow, 25 cars you say? When I left my apartment Monday morning there were only a handful in the yard. I'm assuming you waited for H65 to drop more off???

SMP

#299488  by General

washingtonsecondary wrote:I saw an acid tank car at Blue Ridge/Georgia Pacific in Denville today. Anyone know what that was doing there? Seemed odd to me that a car, presumably for Rheis would be set off on the Booton Line. Maybe it has a faulty truck?
A faulty truck? That's a new one. How does a car get a faulty truck?

I was looking to get some pics of the caboose today and I couldn't find it. It was not in Dover, on the Totowa, in Summit, or on the M&E. Did the H02 give up the red caboose?

#299617  by washingtonsecondary

Excuse the incorrect terminology. I ment faulty axle. But whatever.

#300335  by General

Just found out that the H-02 will be swapping engines with the M&E tomorrow for the Gladstone work. The M&E will be getting the 5616 and the 02 will get either the 20 or the 18.

#300383  by Uzi-Cat

General:
Oh snap, its the "truffle shuffle". You just made my night with that avatar animation.

#300512  by blockline4180

Don't know if anyone is around today, but the H0-2 is swapping engines with M&E. Apparently the 18 will work Reheis and the 5616 will do M&E's work...

#300589  by washingtonsecondary

Around 12:40 M&E 18 went east past the Mt. Tabor station as a light move.

#300682  by mountie17

Quite a show for the 18 on the H-02 today. Around 10:05 h-02 backed into Murray Hill, just ahead of the scheduled eastbound. Waited for both NJT trains, then proceded west to Reheis. On the return to Summit from Reheis, it was run around its train in the yard, waited in the station, and returned west to be swapped again, this time for the NS 5616. Around 1:30ish (dont exactly remember) the 18 ran was west again through Mt. Tabor. This time it was under M&E control, as the 4223 tagged along behind the 18 headed for the wye in Denville. 18 was long hood west, 4223 was long hood east. 4223 was wyed with the assistance of 18, recoupled elephant style and returned east. Quite a day for one old (but pretty) workhorse...Pictures to follow soon.

#300696  by Ken S.

H-02 was in Dover at 1505 today with 5616. They had the caboose tucked in between cars 6 and 7.