Railroad Forums 

• PB-1 exists

• Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.
Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.

Moderator: Alcoman

#277234  by pablo

Ah, Golden Arm, perhaps you missed my two caveats before that.... in any case, I suspect you're "righter" than I will be on this.

Dave Becker

#278071  by pablo

Good to know. It would make sense that he would try, and that something, anything, would prevent it from happening. The gods of railroading have already smiled so much upon him.

(sarcasm) This frees us to...start a new topic on how to re-patriate one of the PA's in Central or South America! (/sarcasm)

Dave Becker

#298277  by Nova55

Guys,
She is still very much around. It was just sold recently to. The new reporting marks are AC 78. Hmmmn.....

#298304  by pablo

Information from? Where'd ya hear this from? Trainlawyer is pretty good about this stuff...

Dave Becker
Last edited by pablo on Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#298364  by GOLDEN-ARM

I have just taken some pictures of some FM trucks, sitting here, on the property, where I am currently stationed. They are obvious FM trucks, six axle, minus the traction motors, although the wheelsets have the ring gears on them. They appear to be of the "C"- Liner type of truck series, found under passenger locos. Will pop a pic, with my phone, and upload here tomorrow. (the film pix can't be shared, no scanner where I'm at) The pair of trucks here, have equal axle spacing, complete bolsters, all brake rigging, etc. It's funny to see them sitting, alongside a road, a great distance from the enginehouse, or car department. They are in Albany, Oregon, if this helps, in ID-ing them. I first disregarded them, as an old set of GE trucks, but I kept coming back, to look, as they were just "a little different". They are for sure, FM though....... :wink:

#298372  by Nova55

Trainorders. Even photos of it there showing the new reporting marks and it sitting in consist.

UP Trace so far:

Arrived North Platte NE 9/23 12:50PM
Expected Interchange w/ CN at Council Bluffs IA 9/27 6:59AM

#298466  by alcodude

:-D
Last edited by alcodude on Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#298484  by GOLDEN-ARM

Yep, that's what I saw, when I came back. First glance, they were just another set of old C trucks. Returning to investigate them, they "became" FM C-Liner trucks. Cool trick, huh? Will snag a pic this morning, on my Razr, and upload it to my pictures, for sharing. Still trying to figure out what they are doing, sitting alongside the road, in the weeds......... :wink:
 #298568  by clutch

These trucks are probably owned by Doyle McCormick. For use in his two PA restorations.

#298616  by GOLDEN-ARM

Thanks, clutch, for that bit of info. Curious though, why they would be sitting on an abandoned piece of track, in Oregon, and not right there, with the locos he was working on. Got some pix, a little while ago, and will post them in the FM forum, here at RR.Net. Either way, it's nice to see a set, up close and personal. I even got a shot, of the stencil, for the last lube and inspection, done on the B&LE. Regards :-D

#298703  by N. Todd

Is the Willamina & Grande Ronde S-2 still there? I recall some vandals partially burnt the cab a few years ago.

#298714  by GOLDEN-ARM

If you mean here, not an Alco in sight. The most "unusual" loco here, an SDP-45F, cowled ex-Maersk loco.

#298719  by N. Todd

whats it doing down there...
i never was told where the other PA hulk went.

#298723  by GOLDEN-ARM

Pix posted on the FM pages,if anyone interested

#299771  by Nova55

Shes in Council Bluffs now..