Railroad Forums 

• Any good Alcos for Sale out there?

• Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.
Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.

Moderator: Alcoman

#232810  by 2spot

There is an ad in Railswap indicating that six RS-23s will begin being parted out next week. I suspect these are the W&Hs running units. www.railswap.org/ Also notable is that the CS-9s (S-4s-CAT PMs) listed previously have been dismantled and the former Maine Coast RS-11 has been removed from the list.

#233049  by Alcoman

2spot wrote:There is an ad in Railswap indicating that six RS-23s will begin being parted out next week. I suspect these are the W&Hs running units. www.railswap.org/ Also notable is that the CS-9s (S-4s-CAT PMs) listed previously have been dismantled and the former Maine Coast RS-11 has been removed from the list.
One can assume that the W&H have thrown up their hands as I recently talked with them and no buyers have been found. Its too bad as these RS23's would make fine switch / road engines for a shortline with light track such as the A&A in NY.
Since the RS-11 was removed from the list, can we guess that it has been sold? If so,Anyone know to whom ?

#233055  by MEC407

#233092  by Alcoman

2spot wrote:There is an ad in Railswap indicating that six RS-23s will begin being parted out next week. I suspect these are the W&Hs running units. www.railswap.org/
I just talked with the W&H. They have sold all RS-23's to TURNER LOCOMOTIVE & COMPONENTS, Des Moines, Iowa
They are the one going to dismantle the RS-23's unless someone offers to buy a whole one.
LAST CHANCE to get a RS-23 switcher!

#233106  by BrianM

2spot wrote:Firstly, BrianM, I didnt mean to cause anything by implying that you had any authority on the SRNJ. I'm reasonably sure you're not the one in authority, but know people who are well enough to answer in their place for the purposes of this forum. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Nothing caused- :-D

I would like to go after one of the RS23's but there is too much going on for the SRNJ at this time. It is a shame to see these units go under.

Brian

#260262  by Alcoman

UPDATE: LNA&C has the following for sale:1 RS-11 and 2 C424's @ $35,000 each.

#260473  by BrianM

Do you have a web link or any other info?

Brian

#260623  by BrianM

Maybe I am loosing my eyes, but I do not see the add.

Brian

#260626  by Alcoman

Ad number 38- RS-11 for sale. This guy is also selling the 2 C424's

#260900  by Milwaukee_F40C

I noticed black Alco S type switcher parked with a cut of cars in Canadian Pacific's Bensenville Yard near Chicago. Probably waiting to be moved to a new owner or scrapper. I didn't catch the reporting marks, maybe AFIX, AIFX, or FAIX, might not even be the right letters. Anyone know anything?

#263100  by pablo

That Railswap ad is gone.

Dave Becker

#263129  by Alcoman

pablo wrote:That Railswap ad is gone.

Dave Becker
which ad are we talking about?

#263134  by pablo

The Rs-11 and C424's. Unless you are talking about the ads from January, which doesn't make them very timely. Your post, John, was on 6/21.

Dave Becker

#263159  by Alcoman

The Ad is still there. Number 36