Railroad Forums 

• What hath BNSF wrought?! (New Logo/Paint Scheme)

• Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM
Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM

Moderator: Komachi

#175897  by Amtrak31

I was with Robby when he saw these. This was my second time seeing 4340. Someone nailed that engine. We saw some westbounds in the gorgeous evening sunlight. It was a lot of fun.

#175900  by AmtrakFan

23 New Logo's now myself.

#176335  by Amtrak31

I'd say I'm up to about 23 too. I've been seeing them a lot on the Transcon.

#176382  by Amtrak31

Very nice shot, Robby.

Nick Hart

#205741  by Engineer James

At least you notice it... *L* I do think it is ugly, I p[erfer the BNSF patch on the old SF Locos.

#208192  by Joe

Woo, happy birthday New Logo!!!

#208424  by badneighbor

it works... i thought the green and orange didnt look right. its too bad the BN green is lost, but orange and black has a mean look to it. still better than battleship grey over school bus yellow.
 #208559  by Komachi

badneighbor quipped...

"still better than battleship grey over school bus yellow."

Hey now, let's not defame the color of our naval fleet! (I happen to be a great fan of the Iowa Class BTW.) I'd say "institution grey" would be a fitting name.

But I do like the "schoolbus yellow bit."
 #214283  by F40CFan

Komachi wrote:Wow,

A year already? I hadn't realized.

The question now is, how many here have changed their initial thoughts and how many still retain their original opinions?

The world wonders.
It still sucks. Should be on a memo pad, not a locomotive.

#214289  by AmtrakFan

Wow it's been a year time flies when your having fun. I have seen 44 of the New Logo's now.

#215495  by NorfolkSouthernSean

I just had my first sighting yesterday. I saw ES44DC 7635 paired with NS C40-9W 9799 in the Morrisville, Pennsylvania Yard. We don't get that much newer foreign power here.

Does BNSF have an official name for the new scheme? Heritage III or what?
AmtrakFan wrote:Wow it's been a year time flies when your having fun. I have seen 44 of the New Logo's now.

#221481  by inkyrail

If it was the new logo on the hood and the Warbonnet on the front, I could agree. But because the logo is asymmetric it does not work on the front. Try again, BNSF.