Railroad Forums 

• NS H-02 - sightings and reports

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#208865  by General

Since there has been numerous threads about the NS H-02, I figure we should start one topic for folks to share their H-02 sightings, stories, pictures, etc rather that start a new topic everday someone sees the H-02.

To start, the NS H-02 delivered the IBCX 2029 to the M&E interchange at Lake Junction. This is the six axle Alco that is discussed in another thread.
Tomorrow the NS H-02 is suppossed to go to Reheis in the morning then head to the Newark City Subway to drill Hartz. The red Conrail caboose will most likely be used for both drills. Today the NS H-02 ran west to Washington with the red Conrail caboose, then east to the Totowa Spur.

#209178  by ajt

Friday was certainly a banner day for infrequent freight ops. H81 went up to Emerson on the Pascack, and H02 visited both the P&D and Orange Branch.

#210806  by washingtonsecondary

This morning, H02 was sitting outlawed in Hackettstown just west of the crossing. 2 engines, looked like 13 or 14 cars, no caboose.

#210864  by ajt

Are you sure it was H02 at Hackettstown? Heard H02 at Clare at about 1pm heading down to the Orange Branch; they were back on the Montclair-Boonton line heading west at 245p.

#210957  by General

washingtonsecondary wrote:This morning, H02 was sitting outlawed in Hackettstown just west of the crossing. 2 engines, looked like 13 or 14 cars, no caboose.
No caboose? Did someone steal it? The H-02 had it yesterday when departing Washington. Maybe it was left elsewhere.

#210997  by nick11a

General wrote:
washingtonsecondary wrote:This morning, H02 was sitting outlawed in Hackettstown just west of the crossing. 2 engines, looked like 13 or 14 cars, no caboose.
No caboose? Did someone steal it? The H-02 had it yesterday when departing Washington. Maybe it was left elsewhere.
Haha. Somebody stealing the caboose. Well, in all fairness, there was that guy who tried to steal that LIRR engine a few months back.

#211065  by washingtonsecondary

ajt wrote:Are you sure it was H02 at Hackettstown? Heard H02 at Clare at about 1pm heading down to the Orange Branch; they were back on the Montclair-Boonton line heading west at 245p.
It was 7 in the morning when I spotted it. So they had plenty of time to get to the Orange Branch.

As for the caboose, since it is hard to see the entire length of the train when it sits at the crossing at the station, it could have been on the rear and I just didn't see it.

#211188  by ajt

H02 at Mountain View today, 225pm.

#211198  by RichM

Yup, was switching Boonton at about 1.

#211258  by njt4172

ajt wrote:H02 at Mountain View today, 225pm.
Anyone know how many customers are left on the Totowa Industrial Spur?? The only one I can think of is Omega Warehouse, but there could be more......

Thanks,
Steve

#211349  by General

The NS H-02 will be heading west to Washington on sunday. There are also several cars to be picked up from the M&E interchange at Lake Junction.
Today the H-02 was drilling at Boonton and then shoved to Mountain View to drill on the Totowa.

#211567  by washingtonsecondary

General wrote:The NS H-02 will be heading west to Washington on sunday. There are also several cars to be picked up from the M&E interchange at Lake Junction.
Today the H-02 was drilling at Boonton and then shoved to Mountain View to drill on the Totowa.
Any idea what time they are marked to be on duty and head to Washington?

#211595  by nick11a

Otto Vondrak wrote:Notice the conductor is wearing an EL shirt in this one?

http://rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=276660

-otto-
Yeah, I noticed it right away when I took the shot.