Railroad Forums 

• Ohio shortline?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#19924  by 56-57

Hello,

I've been looking for information about a shortline/tourist op. calling itself the PL&W. I believe it stood for Pittsburgh, Lisbon and Western. I saw a picture of a 2-4-0 and some ex CNJ coaches dated 1994 on this line. Is it in fact in Ohio? Or is it in PA? And does it still run.

Any help is appreciated.

Mike
 #20514  by EL903

MIKE,PL&W BECAME PART OF YOUNGSTOWN AND SOUTHERN,OWNED BY MONTOUR AND LATER BY P&LE,BEST ADVICE IS TO READ BOOK RAILROAD OF DREAMS BY WAYNE COLE.COVERS HISTORY FROM BEGINNING OF PL&W(STEAM ROAD) AND Y&S(INTERURBAN)AND LATER Y&S FREIGHT(DIESEL) RAILROAD IS NOW CENTRAL COLUMBIANA AND PENNSYLVANIA AND DOING QUITE WELL..HOPE THIS HELPS...

#20548  by 56-57

Thanks EL 903! :D

Finding that book right now isn't my biggest priority, but I appreciate the info very much! My main objective is to find out if the CNJ coaches are still around, I'm trying to gather all I can on CNJ equipment that still exists. But, once again, thanks for the help!

Happy fannin'!

Mike