Railroad Forums 

• NEW ALCO VIDEO/DVD from Plets Express

• Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.
Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.

Moderator: Alcoman

#201404  by Alcoman

Just got a postcard advertising a new ALCO video/DVD titled : CANADIAN ALCO SHORTLINES
90 min long covering New Bruswick & East Coast, Windsor & Hantsport (soon to be Alcoless) Ottawa Central,Cartier, and others.
Footage era is June of 200 and 2001
I am looking forward to this DVD.
The last one was on the A&M- Great video!
Special Limited Offer of $29.95 plus shipping.

#201437  by sallenparks

I have that dvd already Alcoman its a good dvd the first 24min or so on the Windsor&Hansport then the Cartier is the second program and second longest but I liked the segments on the Chaleur Bay,Gaspe,Ottawa Central,and the New Brunswick&East Coast best nice scenery and about the last 2min's is on the St. Lawrence & Atlantic Quebec but still good I think you'll like it.

#201444  by Alcoman

I called Plets and ordered the DVD so I should have it in about a week.

They are also working on another Alco DVD covering New York and Pennsylvania Alco railroads. They plan include quite a few NY railroads such as the LA&L, Adirondack Scenic, MA&N, Buffalo Southern,etc. This will also have the bigger operations in Pennsylvania such as the D-L, and WNY&P as well as some of the smaller ones such as the Oil Creek.
He hopes to include the NYS&W ALCOS as well.

Another great Alco DVD to look forward to.
In case anyone wants to know, Plets has put out several other ALCO tapes such as the A&M, Minnesota Commercial, and one including the KB&S and Indiana Hi-Rail.

#201694  by EDM5970

Also GB&W, Cartier and LTV for Alco content-

#201711  by sallenparks

Alcoman I think BIG E productions is also looking to do a DL tape.Also do you have any of the ERIEVALLEY tapes there really good too.

#201723  by Alcoman

I will look into that. Thanks for the tip.

#201801  by sallenparks

Alcoman I know a few Alco producers let me know what ya! need I'll get the info.Example I know of a producer that has a little CALM action.

#201879  by BrianM

Can anyone provide a web site or phone number for this DVD?

Brian
www.srnjrr.com

#202000  by BrianM

Thank You!

Brian