Railroad Forums 

• CSX-Oak Point/Fremont

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#38  by Guest

on wedenesday , the C.P. train crossed over the L.I.R.R. mainline northbound at 4:40p with about twentyfive cars . the first six cars were flats with M-1's aboard , L.I.R.R. engine 508 brought up the rear . i wonder if engine 160 will be on the rear of the C.P. train in the future ? the question is though will it be going to Mexico or Kentucky !!!

#53  by emfinite

It can probably be fixed in Morris Park if not, upstairs in Richmond Hill. It seems like only minor body and possibly truck damage.

#183  by Legio X

I wonder if 160 is going to join 169 on the scrap line. Anyway, CSX crossed Hell Gate Bridge Bronx-bound at 1135 with a mixed-bag of freight and what appeared to be two SD40-2's.

#1953  by Guest

today the CSX train returned to Oak Point light , with not one car . last monday it returned with three cars...i guess the economy is as bad as the media says it is .

#2177  by DogBert

Monday might have been light due to the bush fiasco.

Today's (tuesday) train stalled halfway up the approach to hell gate. It had only 2 Sd's with 90+ cars. 2 B36's came to the rescue from Oak Point, crossing hell gate at 1pm. The full train (4 engines + 90 cars) went over the bridge northbound 10 minutes later. Not sure if one of the SD's failed, but I'm betting it was more due to the slushy snow, as when the train got going, it was well up to track speed...

#4464  by WIN Tower

on friday , 3/19 , the C.P. train went north to Oak Point at about 4:00p. in it's consist were four flatcars with M-1's on board . the previous wednesday , 3/17 , the train had two flatcars with M-1's on board , both sightings were near the L.I.R.R. mainline .

#5493  by DogBert

up late. CP came into town over hell gate a little after 1am last night. I didn't think they came in until around 3am... guess i guessed wrong.

#6435  by WIN Tower

i saw the last six cars of the C.P. train this afternoon , six flats with five M-1's on board . anybody know what was in front of them ?

#6454  by DogBert

more of the usual. empty lumber, tankers, boxcars. 2 SD's...

#6467  by Scrap em All

Oh you missed it, today they had one of the SD40F-2 units. They are similar to BNSF's F45's. Full cowl carbody and all!

#6489  by DogBert

shhh! don't let the word get out, you'll unlease a foam flood!

(no, i'm not above poking fun at myself).

#6495  by WIN Tower

thanks , scrap . i did not hear the train , which is why i missed the front end of it . normally i hear it before i see it , and i honestly thought it was quieter than normal . do you know how many M-1's were shipped out ?

#6547  by Legio X

CP Rail.......a world-class operation, like the DB (Deutsche Bahn). Was this SD40-2F wearing the classic multi-mark pac-mac livery, or the Golden Rodent?

#7331  by WIN Tower

C.P. train northbound over the L.I.R.R. mainline at 4:00p , two engines and twenty two cars.

#8192  by WIN Tower

C.P. train northbound over the L.I.R.R. mainline at 4:15p , two engines and fifteen cars along with a L.I.R.R. engine coupled to the last freight car .