Railroad Forums 

• Seashore Trolley Museum Discussion

• General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.
General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.

Moderators: rob216, Miketherailfan

#170836  by aline1969

It is official swiss team coming oct. 3 - oct. 20. 8361 coming out, swiss tt operating members weekend. sorting of parts for tt line, contacting fred perry and kl&p for pole pricing and more.
 #172661  by aline1969

Sat October 8th

Cook-out

6618 Philly

6144 Baltimore

Swiss trolley bus

and more....

Come have some fun...bring your camera.
 #174480  by B&M E7

A preservation miracle took place several years ago when we aqquired a BOSTON & MAINE TRANSPORTAION COMPANY bus (the B&M T Co went out of the bus business in 1957).
I would love to see it repainted into B&M colors.
I feel that a fundraising effort out into the BOSTON & MAINE railfan community (traditionally NOT supporters of SEASHORE) would be successful.
I, for one, would attempt to reach deep into my pockets for such a worthwhile endeavor

#174527  by aline1969

784 GM 1949 B & M bus needs a friend. It runs, and a second coach has been aquired to provide a better motor to the bus. It has been moved to a new spot so more people can see it. But the bus needs a friend, Tom is only the curator over seeing any work done to buses, it needs a fundraiser to take charge of the project...sounds like you really like the bus. :)

#174724  by aline1969

Looks like the swiss crew saw and fell in love with 713 Johnstown trackless 1940 Brill. They have cleaned the coach out and now are making in operational.
 #176646  by aline1969

Car 38 (Manchester/Nashua) has been moved from Highwood to the shop's pit.

Johnstown trackless 713 has been cleaned out (was so dirty and nasty) lights changed out (they work now) and the compressor purrs like a kitten. MG is beeing looked at by the swiss crew, they might not be able to make it run this time around. They will be back hopefully next May.

Myself and the swiss crew got a training lesson from Fred Perry on how to build bracket arms for the trackless extension. We have built five arms thus far.

We staked out where the line poles will be placed for the loops and extension.

A huge gashing hole in the rear of central barn has been fixed, thanks to Ben Johnson.

We started to move a pile of motors and mg's from Highwood road. The MG's have been sold. Once the parts are moved this spot will become a bus spot.

#177006  by aline1969

Do you like car 38? I am excited for the car too. It could use a friend to build up it's endownment fund. If you like 38 or know anyone that does I invite you to help build that fund. One of the most treasured cars in any transit museum collection.

#177155  by FullParallel

I also really like #38, unfortunately I can do much money wise, so when I get back next month I will probably head up to the shop to help out in any way I can on weekends. I assume 38 is going into the shop for the platform knee repair covered in the Dispatch?? To be quite honest, seeing 38 on display while giving tours has always given me a little controller itch :-)

Steve Loitsch

#177165  by aline1969

[quote="FullParallel"]I also really like #38, unfortunately I can do much money wise, so when I get back next month I will probably head up to the shop to help out in any way I can on weekends. I assume 38 is going into the shop for the platform knee repair covered in the Dispatch?? To be quite honest, seeing 38 on display while giving tours has always given me a little controller itch :-)

Controller itch is good, but I really liked what you said.. help in the shop on the car...this is what Seashore needs is for operators to help maintain the cars they want to operate. I can operate, but I could care less if I do. I am caught up in many other projects..but thank you for your comments and hope you will help out. Talk to Donald and co. to find out how you can help. Thank you Steve.

#177278  by FullParallel

Aline,
My goal hopefully is to be more involved in he shop. While I do enjoy runnung cars I find shop work more rewarding. With my hectic schedule it hard to plan when ahead on when I will be up, so it makes it hard to have to have someone show me what needs to be done rather than do it himself in half the time. I was involved a bit down at Branford so I understand that some jobs are better left to those who know the big picture. I operate mainly when I have time off from work (or kids) and it is usually short notice. But due to my upcoming transfer to hopefully Boston for shore duty will change things somewhat.

Steve Loitsch

#177373  by aline1969

Great, thank you so much for having an interest in the shop, I really look forward to meeting you and working along side of you. I live in Boston and come to the museum twice a month. Thanks :)

#177585  by jogden

[quote="aline1969"]Do you like car 38? I am excited for the car too. It could use a friend to build up it's endownment fund. If you like 38 or know anyone that does I invite you to help build that fund. One of the most treasured cars in any transit museum collection.[/quote]

i like 38 too. i was excited when they announced in dispatch that it was on the shop program for the summer, but i was there every week, and it never moved. that was a disappointment. i am glad to see that it is getting into the shop now though. i would love to work on it, but seeing as i am in utah now, it will not be that often that i am up there. :(

#180278  by stevo

oh yeah i went up to the museum last saturday and i saw highwood and it was all different and i though, "i wonder where the new bedford car and the omnibus are?" and i went to the back of the barn and there they were so i though "yes 38 is in the shop!!!!!"

i would like to work on it too but seeing as rich cosgro doesn't go up anymore until the christmas prelude and then until next may, and seeing as i don't have a driver's liscence, i can't either :(

#180565  by aline1969

Thats ok... because I'm stepping down myself...have fun!!!