Railroad Forums 

• Alco S2 on eBay

• Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.
Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.

Moderator: Alcoman

#168746  by Sam Damon

Less than a day left, hope this link works:

Alco S2 no reserve .

If the link doesn't work, head for eBay motors, "Other Vehicles", "Other."

#168821  by Alcoman

Just do a search for : "Alco"
There is one bidder now. Bargin for someone.

#169010  by jakirk

I'm the winning bidder of the S-2, and was wondering if anybody here would know where I could find the parts needed to convert one of the truck to rollers.Any help would be appreciated

#169013  by jakirk

I'm also interested in a storage location in the Albany,NY region, if anybody has some leads. I'm currently living out of state,and am out of the loop.

#169016  by Alcoman

Couple of thoughts:
1) Check with RELCO of minooka,Il for RB trucks. They may have one truck that they could sell you.Or maybe the needed parts.
2) You will need RB trucks to move the Alco from the south by rail. No one will touch a FB truck.
3) Since I live in Albany, I can help you find a storage location. My first idea is for you to contact the Cooperstown & Charlotte Valley Railroad(Tourist RR) which already has 2 539 powered switchers. I am sure that they may be willing to store it for you. You want to contact Bruce Hodges-president.

I hope this helps.
John Mech

#169101  by jakirk

Thanks for your help John.
 #169311  by Matt Langworthy

Good luck, buddy. Please let us know if your "new" S-2 gets into excursion service 'cause I enjoy riding behind Alco switchers (or in them, as I did on B&H many years ago).

#169703  by BR&P

From the e-Bay page:

"It is believed to have been used by Penn Central after their absorption of the D&H."

You learn something new every day, LOL!

#169724  by Alcoman

Believe that and I will sell you a bridge in NYC.