Railroad Forums 

• What hath BNSF wrought?! (New Logo/Paint Scheme)

• Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM
Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM

Moderator: Komachi

#129858  by route_rock

I liked the Heritage I with the circle logo. Goat Boats !! About time a GN crew got a say so lol. Unfortunatly the Orange does fade and it fades bad, but what do you expect of anything running in the desert? Have seen some at G town where you just go wow that went through the paintshop when?
Now everyone can scream that the BNSF is going to buy ns cause look at the font and they changed the color to black :P Whatever1 At least if the BNSF got em maybe they would get flush toilets finally!

#144199  by BNConductorNH

Yes the BNSF with a dash beneath it is the new logo and they are spending BIG BUCK$ repainting everything in that. If you ask me, some designer is getting paid big bucks for a logo that took his blind chimp pet 2 seconds to make. UGLY! And it has no nostalgic value to it either. Give me the green circle with a cross in the middle.......... classic.

#144838  by F40CFan

BNConductorNH wrote:Yes the BNSF with a dash beneath it is the new logo and they are spending BIG BUCK$ repainting everything in that. If you ask me, some designer is getting paid big bucks for a logo that took his blind chimp pet 2 seconds to make. UGLY! And it has no nostalgic value to it either. Give me the green circle with a cross in the middle.......... classic.
I couldn't agree more!!! They hire some college weenie to give 'em a new image and they come up with something lacking imagination.

I don't know why some railroads are embarassed about their past. Why else would they try so hard to abandon it?

#144893  by AmtrakFan

I have seen a Dozen of the new logos and I like them.
 #144987  by Amtrak31

I love 'em. They're now my favorite paint scheme! 7761 is my favorite.
 #153081  by kelsokid18

Not too much of the new BNSF logo out in the Pacific NW but I have seen a couple of Oxide Red Hoppers bearing that hideous thing. For god sake, Mr. Hill is rolling in his grave over the thought of that logo. Give me a Santa Fe Cigar Band or a BN logo anytime over that!!
 #153184  by kelsokid18

I don't know how many rev's old man Hill has done but you can be sure he's flopping about like a pissed off catfish on land. I'd even take the "debut scheme" over that useless thing.

#154709  by Gilbert B Norman

Finally observed a C-44 locomotive lettered in the new livery a few days ago; have yet to observe a car, especially a BNSF/METRA car, so lettered.

Sic transit gloria. (that does not mean good riddance, BTW).

#156402  by AmtrakFan

Mr. Norman,
There are very few other types of cars other then Grain Cars in the new logo. I have only seen 1 new logo freight car to date it was a Coil Car.

#156412  by natethegreat

I don't know, the new logo is starting to grow on me. If only they didn't use orange...
Last edited by natethegreat on Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

#156429  by Fatal

[quote="route_rock"]Unfortunatly the Orange does fade and it fades bad, quote]

So I was driving down the road the other day and saw the 2nd unit on a bnsf train was light yellow. didnt look like the UP, couldnt figure out what it was. about an hour later, i saw it pass, it was a bnsf herigate II unit faded...pretty bad

#156440  by Joe

Gilbert B Norman wrote:Finally observed a C-44 locomotive lettered in the new livery a few days ago; have yet to observe a car, especially a BNSF/METRA car, so lettered.

Sic transit gloria. (that does not mean good riddance, BTW).
You're sure it was a Dash 9 and not an ES44DC?

There's also a couple of SD40-2s with the new logo now. I've seen a new logo tank car and three sets of 5-car well cars.

#156758  by route_rock

Yeah Fatal it gets confusing while your sitting in a siding supposed to be waiting for a UP detour and lo and behold a yellow unit! Wait... thats not right. Its faded orange! Oh well back to the nap then.zzzzzzzzzzzz

#156814  by AmtrakFan

I am up to 15 now I have seen 3 more of the AC verison.