Railroad Forums 

• rrpicturearchives registration

• Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.
Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.

Moderators: nomis, keeper1616

#1534848  by CrustyTrainGuy6

Hi All,

I'm not sure if this is the right subtopic to say this, but about a year ago, I created an account on the railroad photograph sharing website rrpicturearchives.net. I have quite a few photographs that would be very interesting for a lot of people that were taken between 1900-1990. After about a week of waiting for rrpicturearchives to register my account because they stated that EVERYBODY who has pre 1990's photographs would be registered on their site, I finally sent the owners an email stating my case. I never got a response. It's now been over a year and I've kind of given up on sharing my photos through a public site. I tried railpictures.net, but I didn't like how they only chose photos based on their quality instead of their historical significance. Every black and white photo I submitted to them was denied for one reason or another. If anybody has any idea on what I should do, please inform me!

All The Best,

Nick Jobe
Centreville, VA
 #1534851  by NorthWest

While it isn't railroad-specific, Flickr has hundreds of people posting railroad photos. I've had a lot of success on the platform, and recommend it.
 #1534882  by njtmnrrbuff

Railpictures.net does more than image quality. It prefers particular times of days as well as sunny days. Railpictures.net doesn't just want to see roster shots and they don't always like it when there are a lot of catenary towers blocking the side of the train even if a lot of the train is in the shot including the nose of the lead unit. Bridging this thread to the DC area, in 2015, I was doing some railfanning just south of Baltimore Penn Station. I photographed a weekend MARC train exiting the B&P tunnel. It was a good shot but not good enough to be accepted to railpictures. There were poles blocking the side of the train from the view of where I was standing.
 #1536475  by CrustyTrainGuy6

Update: After waiting about a year and a half for my account to be accepted, it was finally verified today. Better late than never I guess...

All The Best,

Nick Jobe
Centreville, VA