Railroad Forums 

• CSX Fitchburg Secondary Discussion

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#1528599  by jaymac

At 0910/12-18-2019, the 12-17 snow was still on top of the rails at the the West Street/Rte. 62, Berlin crossing.
 #1528958  by dbperry

Sorry! Forgot to post this here. Back on Veteran's Day I chased B724 up through Southboro into Marlboro.

https://twitter.com/FramWorMBTA/status/ ... 82144?s=20
 #1531000  by johnhenry

At the Tanzio Rd Leominster construction site, 2:12pm, northbound with 6 empty tanks and 4 empty lumber. Must be going north just to run around. Building still has a ways to go to be finished and ready to produce traffic.
 #1534281  by Knucklehead

roberttosh wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:47 pm Do any othe box plants on this line receive cars anymore? Cant remember the last time I saw a boxcar on this job.
Yes, NewCorr Packaging in Northborough still does - often 1-3 boxes set out at a time.
 #1534607  by Knucklehead

Knucklehead wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:58 pm
roberttosh wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:47 pm Do any othe box plants on this line receive cars anymore? Cant remember the last time I saw a boxcar on this job.
Yes, NewCorr Packaging in Northborough still does - often 1-3 boxes set out at a time.
Three box cars on today's (Friday 2/21/20) B-724.

On another note, is the new transfer facility in Leominster finished yet?
 #1535402  by roberttosh

bostontrainguy wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:44 am If those are roll-up doors on the new building, what on earth are they for? What could be that tall?
It could be so that trucks that have their bodies in the upright dumping position don't take out the wall when exiting the building.
 #1535519  by Azalea

Hello! I’m looking at possibly buying a house near the tracks in Lancaster. does anyone know about how often the trains run through per day or if it’s more during the day or at night? Thanks
 #1535546  by jaymac

There are 2 sets of tracks in Lancaster. The CSX Fitchburg Secondary runs through Clinton and as far as Leominster. It has been a small-volume daylight operation, but recently added a new recycling customer in Leominster. The PAR Worcester Main Line also runs through Clinton and the more easterly section of Lancaster into Ayer. This line is much more active and has been running sometimes more than 100 cars at night and sometimes more than 100 in the other direction during early predawn hours. For the near-term future, there may be additional trains on the Worcester Main Line.
The times are approximate and not set in stone.
There's more information, but it may be excessive for your needs.
Happy hunting!