Railroad Forums 

• Seashore Trolley Museum Discussion

• General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.
General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.

Moderators: rob216, Miketherailfan

#150353  by stevo

StevieC48 wrote:Dougie we have members younger than you working on the property and also doing track too, I used to be a Track Foreman there but my physical condition is failing.
i'm 14 and i help out.......it's wicked fun there!!!!!!
mb41 wrote:I know James helps out and this is great.
yeah i'm his lil bro.....he's going off to college in a month....i'm glad i live near the cosgros so i can still go up

#150823  by mb41

I did not know James had a brother, hello and welcome.

#151440  by stevo

thank you

we're going up there on thursday

are you the one who told james about the motorman training program?

#151478  by mb41

Nope, that must have been Steve H. I told him about how seashore can teach you some cool trades, wood working, machine shop, overhead, track, and more.

#151737  by stevo

oh ok cause i figured you were and i was gonna say we've met how do you not know i'm james lil bro?

#151788  by mb41

I did not know he had a brother. Have a fun time at the museum. I will be up there the weekend of Aug. 6 & 6, then 13 & 14.
I live in Boston.

#152325  by stevo

i'm gonna try togo up the 6th but i'll have to leave scout camp a day early....but i'll try

who are you anyway? we may have met.......

#152336  by mb41

Hope to see you the weekend of the 6th. My name is Doug and I'm a trustee, track worker, fundraiser, trackless dept, project manager 41, operations.

Announcement: Look for the July/August Dispatch for the insert on how everyone can help out the trackless extension. Also the Sept/Oct. one will sport an insert on how everyone can help out the future Coney Island site & barn.

#152420  by stevo

why was the trackless wire even put up if you can't run anything on it cause there's no loops?

#152464  by mb41

The trackless wire was strung in the early 1970's before I was even born. They made a great effort to pull the poles and turn the coach or just back the coach up the other way. Today we would not do this for that damages the poles. We will raise the funds to extend and build proper loops. I am very excited about this project.

#152720  by stevo

mb41 wrote: My name is Doug and I'm a trustee
you're a trustee so you must have been there on member's anual meeting

#153215  by mb41

Yup, I was the only one wearing a tie for the election :)

#154587  by stevo

lol

i was there......i think it was my first day in uniform......no that was my second day my first day in uniform was the saturday before that

#154642  by mb41

I will be there this weekend working on track Sat. and be there the next weekend aug. 13/14

#155197  by stevo

i was there saturday