Railroad Forums 

• An incredible collection of Steam Era images

• Discussion of the L&HR and its predecessor the Warwick Valley Railroad for the period 1860-1976 at its inclusion with ConRail
Discussion of the L&HR and its predecessor the Warwick Valley Railroad for the period 1860-1976 at its inclusion with ConRail

Moderator: David

#1521564  by scottb613

Hi...

Happy to help...

Yeah - I stumbled across these the other night and they are by far the best I've seen of this railroad - truly the mother load - I grew up a couple miles from the bridge that Ridge Road used to cross the ROW (well after the age of steam) - between Campbell Hall a Craigville... They don't show up on any web searches for LHR stuff...

There's a lot of other stuff on the website as well (Reading, WM, NYO&W, Erie - etc etc etc) - but this anthracite burner is my favorite...

Learned something new based on the dates - they used the old Camelbacks right up until the end of steam... I had previously thought they were retired by then...

Regards,
Scott
 #1521636  by Marty Feldner

All are Don W. Furler photos; I recently gave them location details on several.

As for the camelbacks, three were kept on the roster until the end. The main reason they were kept was to service the Mine Hill Railroad in Franklin NJ (zinc ore traffic). They also were regulars on the east end local, serving local customers and the Erie interchange at Greycourt.
 #1522247  by scottb613

Hi Marty,

Hah - nice seeing you post - seems this forum has been too quiet for a long time... Still using your great L&HR font - thanks once again for sharing with me...

Recreating the L&HR one pixel at a time...

[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201910 ... 5ddf9a.png[/IMG]

[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201910 ... 85d27d.png[/IMG]

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 #1522555  by scottb613

Marty Feldner wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:11 am Nice- I hadn't seen the finished product. Great work.

All you need now is the 80 class, 70 class, and a camelback or two. (Just kidding- I know how much work is involved...)
Hi Marty,

LOL - already have the 80's roughed out - basically just a USRA with an extra compressor and feedwater heater... Fortunately - many of the components seem to match the 90's series - like the entire pilot deck assembly - I plan on recycling many of the parts I've already made... The L&HR seemed to approach their steam locomotive design in a very uniform manner...
:wink:

Are there any Steam Physics Guru's around that I could ask some questions ?

If anyone has any interest in sims - these are made for the Free Open Source Train Simulator "Open Rails"...

More info: http://openrails.org/

Regards,
Scott