Railroad Forums 

• Amtrak On-Time Performance (OTP) Delays Reroutes Annulled

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1521218  by STrRedWolf

Lower tracks are on track 22 and greater. Track 16 I think is on the same switch group that the lowers are on, from what I could pull.

Correction on the MARC train, it must of been on the west side of 16, and thus not on the same switch group. None the less, good call on the staff to have New Carrolton, BWI, and Baltimore Penn Station folk transfer to the MARC for the last leg to help speed up the process.
 #1521236  by Dick H

NNEPRA posted this alert earlier. No time shown when posted..

ALERT
Due to police activity in the area of Portland requiring all trains movement to stop, Downeaster trains will experience delays.
The extent of the delay is not known at this point.

Amtrak track your train is showing estimated time of #694 to be 5:29PM at ORB as of 4:30PM.
Amtrak train status is showing that #695 estimated departure from Boston will be 2 hours and 50 minutes late.
No news accounts that I can find,
 #1521261  by STrRedWolf

farecard wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:13 am The MARC's I have taken seem to be on Track 1, or near it; the other end of the Station hall from 16.
It would of been from track 9 or 15, last time I remember.
 #1521345  by daybeers

njt/mnrrbuff wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:41 pm Today, Amtrak Downeaster Train # 694 is running very late. As of my writing this, it’s somewhere between Portland and Old Orchard Beach. Why is 694 running very late?
Taken from the Downeaster Discussion Thread, posted by MEC407:
Suspicious item found attached to railcar at Rigby Yard in South Portland; Downeaster service delayed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_-7jupWLsw
 #1522224  by STrRedWolf

Broken rail on the NEC in two-track territory causing single tracking between Washington and the BOWIE interlock.

Wasn't the work on LANDOVER supposed to take care of that or is LANDOVER "b0rked?"
 #1523966  by PT1101

The report I received is that there are a few washouts around Utica, NY. I was told around 235,236, and 240, with water over the track at the bridge near 240.6. If I receive any updates, I'll pass them along. If out there railfanning, expect to see more rip rap laden dump trucks moving than trains.
 #1524026  by STrRedWolf

PT1101 wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:13 pm The report I received is that there are a few washouts around Utica, NY. I was told around 235,236, and 240, with water over the track at the bridge near 240.6. If I receive any updates, I'll pass them along. If out there railfanning, expect to see more rip rap laden dump trucks moving than trains.
Amtrak's NEC Alerts twitter is confirming that. 281, 283, and 284 were also truncated at Albany, as was the Maple Leaf 63/64. Lake Shore Limited bus-bridged between Syracuse and Albany, then truncated at Syracuse.

Today (Saturday) no cancelations but a lot of delays due to reroutes and track repairs.