Railroad Forums 

• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1520619  by Tanker1497

Coast Line Railfan wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:44 am
JohnFromJersey wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:34 pm Does anyone have any updates on the Lakewood-Woodmansie extension? I haven't heard about here or any of the other threads regarding it in quite some times.
The track between Cross Street and Lakehurst is pretty bad. Some missing rail on a new bridge and under the Route 70 bridge is still a big problem. Other than that, the track from there to Clayton is fine. All that is needed is brush clearing of recent tress and weeds that have grown.
So Now I'm confused "pretty bad" "big problem" or just some brush cleaning?
 #1520633  by Coast Line Railfan

Tanker1497 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:07 am
Coast Line Railfan wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:44 am
JohnFromJersey wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:34 pm Does anyone have any updates on the Lakewood-Woodmansie extension? I haven't heard about here or any of the other threads regarding it in quite some times.
The track between Cross Street and Lakehurst is pretty bad. Some missing rail on a new bridge and under the Route 70 bridge is still a big problem. Other than that, the track from there to Clayton is fine. All that is needed is brush clearing of recent tress and weeds that have grown.
So Now I'm confused "pretty bad" "big problem" or just some brush cleaning?
Just some weeds and a few fallen trees.
 #1521599  by RailsEast

Just a minor correction....17 for Woodhaven, 1 tank for Bel-Ray and one brick car for Extech, approaching Maxwell Rd at 5:05 in the pm.