Railroad Forums 

• Pan Am Worcester Main Line

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1518578  by rustyrails

There was a lot of activity last night between Greendale and MP7. Restricted travel for some reason. Two light CSX engines on the side track behind Duncan's. I'm not sure whats going on up to MP7, but it was restricted to traffic for a while.
 #1533220  by jaymac

Dunno how long it had been there, but at 1150/02-09-2020, Q427 was sitting dark at New Bond with CSXTs 3414, 979, 473, and 3250 plus just enough card wo get to the Mobil station. Musta been a teensy POAY.
 #1533501  by rustyrails

Can anyone fill me in on the CP’s like the Willows and WAL and so-fourth. I hear the train dispatcher talking about them frequently. Any help would be appreciated.
 #1533543  by rustyrails

Thanks so much JohnP. There is a ton of information. Very interesting stuff. After I read it and absorb it, I’m going to apply for a job at PanAm! 😂 I wish that there was more action on the Worc/Ayer branch.
 #1533545  by bostontrainguy

johnpbarlow wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:55 am Perhaps more info than you requested but Employee timetables are content rich:
http://www.multimodalways.org/docs/rail ... 5-2014.pdf
That's really interesting info. Just a question if someone would kindly answer. In yards such as Danville Junction, except for the mains shown (Pan Am & St. Lawrence), do either railroad have access to any of the shown yard tracks (DJ 9, 3 & 5)?

I was a bit surprised by the schematic. It does appear that PAR would still have to travel over a short section of St.L&A trackage to get to the yard tracks. I thought the reconfiguration made it so they wouldn't interfere with each other and both had easier access to the storage tracks.
 #1533557  by 690

Pan Am owns all the trackage within the Danville Yard, and the SLR mainline up to the Route 202 bridge. But yes, SLR and Pan Am both have access to all yard tracks, and Pan Am can operate over the SLR main without any permission (up to the Route 202 bridge).
 #1534270  by johnhenry

Detoured container train 23K (now listing on CSX as a Z train) passed west thru Clinton at 1235 and, after a re-crew, left Barbers at 1615. NS power 9282, 9258, and 4053. No auto-racks.
 #1535005  by johnhenry

Detoured empty grain train arrived at Burncoat in Worcester at 0930 today with CSX power. 427 sitting ahead at Barbers. Do these grain trains normally come from BNSF via CSX?