Railroad Forums 

• Utica Branch Discussion Thread

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#1516785  by milkman

After reading your post I drove down to the washout to see for myself if they were working on repairing the tracks .There was an excavator there and they have done some work but have a lot to do yet, but it's a start!
 #1518537  by roc

ricky wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:37 am no news yet its crying shame that nysw dont care fixings these washouts in south oxford
There are no customers on that section of line. The NYSW is a captive of its Class I owners and NYS.

Could be wrong, but I don’t think NYSW is to blame.
 #1521414  by milkman

Just to let you know, I drove by the washout south of Oxford today.
There was a tractor trailer parked off the road by the washout that must of brought some more equipment to help repair the washout.It looks like they are making good progress in repairing the rail bed.
 #1521474  by ut-1

Old & Weary No Longer. NYS&W has re-decked ex-NYO&W Utica Division Bridge No. 45 over the Sauquoit Creek on the Utica/New Hartford border. Former O&W tracks, part of the Susquehanna's Utica industrial trackage, are used to bring boxcars containing paper products to New Hartford's Oneida Warehouse, located on Campion Rd.

Photo taken yesterday.
Attachments:
IMG_1361 (2)_Resized_899_by_626.jpg
IMG_1361 (2)_Resized_899_by_626.jpg (223.71 KiB) Viewed 4165 times
 #1522580  by milkman

Drove past the site where the crews were repairing the wash out south of Oxford and it looks like they're finished.Now, how soon will we see rail traffic again?
 #1524200  by milkman

Just found out tracks are washed out again south of Oxford.Unbelievable , they just finished repairing them and they get washed out again before they had a chance to use them.