Railroad Forums 

• Portsmouth Branch Activity

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1512910  by MECFAN

Two were rebuilt last year. Green Street and Barberry Lane. WBBX Lane was closed off. Market Street will be done next year when Portsmouth finished the upgrades along that road
They did four crossings last year. They also did Gosling Road and Michael Souza Drive into the Gyp plant. I read somewhere that Maplewood is also supposed to be rebuilt but can't remember where I read that.
 #1512998  by b&m 1566

Are there any plans to rebuild the crossing for Patterson Lane?
 #1512999  by Jonathan603

Is there anything past Patterson Lane currently? Is that Sprague? I know it got cleared of brush last year but presumably never sees any rail traffic?
 #1513009  by b&m 1566

No customers, just the siding to run the engine around, which I though was going to be the case with Sea 3 expansion.
 #1513017  by Jonathan603

Ah yes I see the siding on google earth. That would help a lot for the Sea-3 expansion. Hope that happens. Not sure if they will do anything with the crossing... I think it is missing signage so at the very least that will need to be done.
 #1513180  by Hux

b&m 1566 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:32 am No customers, just the siding to run the engine around, which I though was going to be the case with Sea 3 expansion.

Oh I don't know, they could always go to the end and set up a transload deck for the shipment of beer...what with Stoneface and Cisco breweries just down the street. :wink:
 #1513188  by arthur d.

Eons ago, what is now Great Rhythm brewing was a beer distributor's warehouse. Boxcar loads of beer loitering in the yard were easy targets for Mcdonough street ne'er do wells.
 #1514409  by Dick H

MEC 518 got orders from Emery to MP P-1 and return at 6:00PM Thursday 7/18.
I believe the PH-! or DO-1 is running at night to accomodate the track work.
 #1514597  by 690

DO-1 goes on at 1800 currently to allow for track work during the day. Should be that way for another month or two.
 #1514655  by Hux

690 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:23 pm DO-1 goes on at 1800 currently to allow for track work during the day. Should be that way for another month or two.
The Sunset Limited