Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

#967692  by terry03

Is there a forum that deals with the Staten Island Rapid Transit Co. I have pictures of 2 bridges that were built sometime in the 30's, but, I can't identify the streets.
 #967731  by Jeff Smith

The best place to discuss SIRT is MTA NYC Subway forum. If you're looking for historical aspects, I believe it was owned by the B&O, so check the fallen flag forum for information on the B&O.
 #968767  by Otto Vondrak

Yes:

MTA NYC Subway
Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway system, including the Staten Island Railway (former SIRT) and the South Brooklyn Railway (SBK).

http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=68

B&O sold the rapid transit operation to the city in 1970.

-otto-
 #1513363  by XBNSFer

Actually 1971 was when the B&O sold the SIRT to the City (that ran the B&O trains out of business by subsidizing buses at 1/2 the cost of the trains).
 #1585596  by XBNSFer

terry03 wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:03 pm Is there a forum that deals with the Staten Island Rapid Transit Co. I have pictures of 2 bridges that were built sometime in the 30's, but, I can't identify the streets.
Care to share or link to your pics? Might be able to identify them if we saw the pbotos...
 #1586690  by andrewjw

You're asking someone who posted 10 years ago to share pics - and necroposting in every SIRT thread at once. These aren't active conversations.