Railroad Forums 

• Railroad.net New Ownership!

• Important information from RAILROAD.NET site administrators. Need help using this site? Check here first! Your question may already have been answered here.
Important information from RAILROAD.NET site administrators. Need help using this site? Check here first! Your question may already have been answered here.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#1510707  by Jeff Smith

Ladies, Gentlemen, Railroaders and Foamers... er, Railfans! :-D :P :wink:

After many years (at least it seems like many LOL) of being site admin, I have concluded an agreement with our former owner to purchase the site. I will be taking on fellow member gprimr1 as a co-owner, who will be handling tech.

I want to thank the previous owner, who preferred to remain in the background, for the opportunity, and the owner previous to him, Otto Vondrak, who recommended me as administrator when he sold the site.

We are planning on some immediate upgrades, and will keep you posted. I know there have been tech issues at various points which we plan on addressing, and upgrades we want to implement. Stay tuned!

Until then, I want to thank everyone here for your participation and support. I can't say enough about our "very special" community. We're certainly an interesting bunch!
 #1510723  by JoeG

Thanks for your stewardship of this site, Jeff! It must be a ton of work, but I'm glad you stepped up when Otto & co wanted out.
 #1510752  by MEC407

Woo hoo! :-D
 #1510779  by gprimr1

HTTPS is a HIGH priority.
 #1510793  by radio

Congrats. The new site is working much better on my old iPad, too. Much more readable.
 #1510807  by spRocket

gprimr1 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:29 pm HTTPS is a HIGH priority.
Note that thanks to Let's Encrypt, that can be done at no charge. Drawback: you must automate your renewal process, since the certs expire three months after issuance.
 #1510838  by charlie6017

I am so happy to hear this, Jeff. Congrats to you and to Greg as well. I already love this new upgrade!

Charlie