Railroad Forums 

• LIRR seeks to lease 8-21 MARC coaches (for Montauk Summer)

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

#1506645  by STrRedWolf

LINYARailfan wrote:I know I haven't posted on this post in a long time but what is the plan for the LIRR this summer for their C3 fleet? Will the LIRR be leasing coaches from MARC this summer for use to free up the C3s? If not what will be the plan if they are not getting any coaches from MARC?
Which trains on the Oyster Bay and/or Port Jefferson branches "will not operate" on Fridays from May 24th-August 30th?
Also what was the actual reason as to why MARC had to break the lease agreement with the LIRR last year-If I recall correctly wasn't the LIRR supposed to be getting two additional eight car sets from MARC?
Can anyone confirm?
I haven't heard anything down here in Baltimore about leasing some cars up there. Last year, NJ Transit transferred ownership to MARC a GP40 engine for payment on leasing a few cars to get over their overcrowding. Now, nothing.
 #1506687  by gregorygrice

LINYARailfan wrote:I know I haven't posted on this post in a long time but what is the plan for the LIRR this summer for their C3 fleet? Will the LIRR be leasing coaches from MARC this summer for use to free up the C3s? If not what will be the plan if they are not getting any coaches from MARC?
Which trains on the Oyster Bay and/or Port Jefferson branches "will not operate" on Fridays from May 24th-August 30th?
Also what was the actual reason as to why MARC had to break the lease agreement with the LIRR last year-If I recall correctly wasn't the LIRR supposed to be getting two additional eight car sets from MARC?
Can anyone confirm?

Same practice as last year.