Railroad Forums 

• Potential PAR/PAS Traffic Growth

• Pan Am Southern (webssite: https://panamsouthern.com ) is jointly-owned by CSX and Norfolk Southern, but operated by Genesee & Wyoming subsidiary Pittsburg & Shawmut dba Berkshire and Eastern,
Pan Am Southern (webssite: https://panamsouthern.com ) is jointly-owned by CSX and Norfolk Southern, but operated by Genesee & Wyoming subsidiary Pittsburg & Shawmut dba Berkshire and Eastern,

Moderator: MEC407

#1490293  by BM6569

Used to be a lot of business in that location. Friend's family member used to have a fruit? distribution business in the building at the end of that same spur. They ended up giving up rail delivered because Guilford became so unreliable.
 #1490295  by newpylong

Looks like there were quite a few on that spur at one time, down to only the Asphalt and Lynch?

Same old story like many of their clusters like that though.
 #1508067  by 690

They also had been using the J-Rod siding off the #1, although I’m not sure if they still use that, I haven’t been down there much lately. There is a bad ordered boxcar that’s shoved in to the end of the siding that’s been there for a while.
 #1518099  by 690

Today there was a unit grain train off CP for Ayer (instead of the usual UP/BNSF trains off CSX).
 #1524124  by atholrail

Possible new customer in Ayer at the old Ford yard. Apparently there was already a 5 pack of double stacked wells loaded with garbage at Ayer, that went west on ED9. The old yard has been cleaned out and brush cut. I'm hearing potential for more than just garbage also.
 #1524139  by johnpbarlow

Are the containers being used for this new Ayer business formerly international containers (eg, Maersk Sealand) that have been modified with tarp covers? Here's a 10/13/19 photo taken on the NS/D&H at Esperance NY of a 5 well car heading south on the 11R train.
Attachments:
NS 11R Maersk Containers Eperance 101319.jpg
NS 11R Maersk Containers Eperance 101319.jpg (369.18 KiB) Viewed 2097 times