Railroad Forums 

• First "All-Day" Push-Pull Set coming soon...

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

#1503786  by Silverliner II

I don't know the nature of the equipment failure yesterday, but the set made it through the day today.
 #1503797  by glennk419

Silverliner II wrote:I don't know the nature of the equipment failure yesterday, but the set made it through the day today.
I heard PP horns around 9:30 last evening which I believe would have been the return run from Doylestown at the Rice's Mill Road crossing between Glenside and Jenkintown.
I need to get trackside for some of these runs as soon as time permits.
 #1503808  by Silverliner II

It has MU's today, out of the gate at Frazer.... please play again tomorrow (of course it will be pouring rain tomorrow most of the day).
 #1504021  by MACTRAXX

Glenn: #4571 (Warminster-Thorndale) is due at Roslyn at 5:25 PM - meaning that it is running
30 minutes late southbound towards Center City. This is an all-stops (except North Broad Street)
local - any chance that it makes up sufficient time through CCP to get back on or close to schedule?

MACTRAXX
 #1504023  by Silverliner II

MACTRAXX wrote:Glenn: #4571 (Warminster-Thorndale) is due at Roslyn at 5:25 PM - meaning that it is running
30 minutes late southbound towards Center City. This is an all-stops (except North Broad Street)
local - any chance that it makes up sufficient time through CCP to get back on or close to schedule?

MACTRAXX
No chance whatsoever. It will still be close to 30 minutes late at Paoli....
 #1504037  by glennk419

MACTRAXX wrote:Glenn: #4571 (Warminster-Thorndale) is due at Roslyn at 5:25 PM - meaning that it is running

MACTRAXX
Wasn't doing timekeeping but the preceeding outbound was late. Not sure if the PP was held at GROVE or what.

Only reporting what I heard.
 #1504067  by Broadway

mcgrath618 wrote:What kind of equipment failures are we talking about here? Why can't one of these make it through a single day of service?

Newly trained crews, operator error.
 #1504099  by CNJGeep

Broadway wrote:Newly trained crews, operator error.

And finding qualified crews to begin with, especially at night, has been a real adventure.