Railroad Forums 

• The Atlantic City Line Thread

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#1496364  by MedicSutton

NJ Transit is Desperately throwing spaghetti at the wall at this point. The sooner they realize we aren’t stupid the better. It is making their whole transparency campaign look like a tremendous joke. It will backfire terribly.
 #1496428  by blockline4180

I sure hope your right but the cynical side of me says it never will.. To them the commuters are stupid little serfs to their cabal. They can tell the masses that service will comeback and say it isn't a lie, but politicians lie like that all the time, so why is this situation any different??? Buses are being run and people are grinning and bearing it.. The longer its shutdown then less and less people will return to the rails.
 #1496467  by kilroy

As much as NJT might want to rid themselves of the AC line, I don't see that happening. Two words: Norcross, Sweeney.

NJT rescued the line form Amtrak as a gift to South Jersey in exchange for things North Jersey wanted. Too much power between these two for anything to happen to the AC line.
 #1496647  by lensovet

wow this is still going on?

guys until the north lines get back to normal schedules neither will AC. did you miss the part about them running cabs in front of locos now? where are they going to find this magical equipment to run on the AC line?
 #1497039  by EuroStar

It does not look good for service restoration: https://njbiz.com/murphy-no-timeline-ac ... storation/
The Federal Railroad Administration, which oversees compliance with PTC requirements, still has to inspect and test all the PTC-equipped vehicles before they can return to routine service, according to Nancy Snyder, a spokesperson for NJ Transit....
“Under the law, NJ Transit must operate PTC-equipped locomotives or cab control cars on the front and rear of all trains. This has had an impact on our flexibility to substitute equipment when an unplanned mechanical issue occurs,” Snyder said in a statement to NJBIZ.
So until the shutdown is over there will be no service as the equipment is not available for use. Once the shutdown ends, then add one month before NJT can actually restore the service.
 #1498416  by ryanov

I will believe this line and the Princeton Shuttle are coming back when it's announced. I expect they will, but I'm shocked that they still can't reliably run the weekend schedule.
 #1498561  by JoeBas

lensovet wrote:but wait everyone on this thread was saying that NJT had evil plans to shut down this line forever
You're starting to look silly. Never seen someone cite "Creeping unspecified delay with no official end in sight" as evidence that something is certain to return before...
 #1498928  by lensovet

JoeBas wrote:
lensovet wrote:but wait everyone on this thread was saying that NJT had evil plans to shut down this line forever
You're starting to look silly. Never seen someone cite "Creeping unspecified delay with no official end in sight" as evidence that something is certain to return before...
you genuinely think they are going to never return this line to service due to their own ill will, as opposed to say not having equipment available because there's no one to inspect it? really?