Railroad Forums 

• Uniq. Eqpmt Sightings: Private Varnish (PV's), Charters, etc

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1485656  by jhdeasy

SILVER PEAK, SILVER RAPIDS, SILVER LARIAT and SILVER SOLARIUM are not going to the AAPRCO convention at St Paul MN. There are enroute to their new owner, the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad, but first they will participate in some NKP 765 excursions. We may never again see them on an Amtrak train.
 #1485694  by jhdeasy

No.

The former Quad Graphics cars are SILVER CHALET, SILVER EXPRESS, SILVER LODGE and SILVER SHORE. Their owner stores them at St Louis Union Station.

SILVER CHALET has the unique round end to open platform conversion, which resulted in some referring to the car as “JAWS” or “SILVER JAWS.”
 #1486729  by Train2009

I caught Private car BRADDOCK INN on the rear of Amtrak Adirondack train #69 the other morning 9/21 in Philipse Manor on Metro North's Hudson Line, it came back tonight on train #68-23. Next Friday 9/28 - Sunday 9/30 there will be a other trip from NYP to Montreal, QC on that same car.

As of last night train #80 the Carolinian's arrival into NYP had Private car Cripple Creek.
 #1487059  by mtuandrew

Does Corridor Clipper live at Washington Union? I saw it there today, on the furthest track from the parking garage. On the same track I saw ACWR 800270 San Marino around 8:30am, but it was gone by 2:30pm.
 #1487150  by jhdeasy

PV photo opportunities:

BRADDOCK INN and NYC 38 train 68(30) Montreal to New York.

KITCHI GAMMI CLUB on train 79(03) New York to Washington, then train 171(03) Washington to Roanoke.

MOUNT VERNON train 69(05) New York to Montreal.

HICKORY CREEK train 69(06) New York to Montreal.

HICKORY CREEK train 68(07) Montreal to New York.

MOUNT VERNON train 68(08) Montreal to New York.

KITCHI GAMMI CLUB train 176(08) Roanoke to Washington, then train 92(07) from Washington to New York.

I anticipate CANNON BALL, which has been stored at Washington Union Station for several years and currently parked on track 30, will move to Delaware Car Company for some work and long term storage.

A friend tells me that Norfolk Southern’s MARCO POLO, a long time resident at Washington Union Station, is at the Ivy City shop for work, pending an anticipated relocation to a new home.
 #1487239  by jhdeasy

Yes, I believe MARCO POLO is one of Pullman’s six Explorer series cars built circa 1927 or 1928. At one time it was also a Central of Georgia office car named SAVANNAH.

NS uses it for stationary hospitality parked on the westernmost track (6 or 7, with a low level platform) in Washington Union Station.
 #1487477  by jhdeasy

jhdeasy wrote:PV photo opportunities:

KITCHI GAMMI CLUB on train 79(03) New York to Washington, then train 171(03) Washington to Roanoke.

KITCHI GAMMI CLUB train 176(08) Roanoke to Washington, then train 92(07) from Washington to New York.
One of the car’s owners says the KITCHI GAMMI CLUB trip has been cancelled.