Railroad Forums 

• Vermont Life Magazine folds

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1485999  by Noel Weaver

I just got word today (Saturday, September 15th) that Vermont Life Magazine is finished, their last issue was the Summer of 2018. I have had a subscription to this fine magazine for well over 50 years. I will miss the great photograrphy and articles about Vermont's Railroads and Vermont Skiing which are two subjects that bring back some great memories.df I have saved a bunch of them that had stuff that was of interest to me. The State of Vermont published this one and I wonder what happened suddenly and with no warning. I will miss it.
Noel Weaver
 #1486008  by dcm74

Here's the story.
“Unfortunately, over the past decade the magazine has run operational deficits incurring a debt totaling about $3.5 million,” Michael Schirling, the state’s secretary of commerce and community development, said in a news release Thursday morning. “In the end, given the rapidly changing media landscape… we have decided to retire this historic publication as a print magazine.”

https://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/sto ... 598284002/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;