Railroad Forums 

• North Jersey Coast Summer Schedule

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#1477004  by Zuccaraillo

MaRoFu wrote:Wow. Making the trains all local stop in a time when tourists without cars typically use public transport to get to the Jersey Shore, and after sports betting came into Monmouth Park too? Quite possibly one of the worst ideas conceived this summer by NJT. I think NJT should run Jersey Shore expresses using the following stops:

New York-Penn or Hoboken
Secaucus
Newark-Penn
Newark Airport
Woodbridge
Perth Amboy
Monmouth Park
Long Branch
All stops after Long Branch

And maybe some expresses can stop at certain stations, while others don't. For example, all trains stop at NYC/HOB, SEC, NWP, and EWR, but then some might run nonstop to Monmouth Park or Perth Amboy. And maybe after Long Branch trains only stop at Elberon, Asbury Park, Bradley Beach, Point Pleasant Beach, and Bay Head. The expresses should also run every hour/two hours.
I’m a bit surprised you don’t have all stops south from either South Amboy or Matawan - the latter of which is the busiest NJCL only station
 #1477057  by MaRoFu

I was relying on my memory to make up the stops here. Here's an updated list:

* = rapid express
@ = super express
*@New York Penn or *@Hoboken
*@Secaucus Junction
*@Newark Penn
*@Newark Airport
Elizabeth
Rahway
@Woodbridge
@Perth Amboy
@South Amboy
*@Aberdeen-Matawan
Middletown
*@Red Bank (if MOM service is started from RB)
*@Monmouth Park (express stops at all stations south of MP)
*@Long Branch
@Elberon
*@Asbury Park
@Bradley Beach
*@Point Pleasant Beach
*@Bay Head

The expresses run every hour, shifting between the three types of service. Dual-mode engines are recommended. Monmouth Park station would also need to be expanded.
Last edited by Jeff Smith on Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed Nesting Quote
 #1477068  by Maverickstation1

SecaucusJunction wrote:Probably the least amount of Summer service that the line has seen in decades...
That it is, to people who live in and near NYC it makes the Jersey Shore beaches a lot less attractive, since they have other beaches they can reach by train that take a lot less time than NJCL locals.

Ken