Railroad Forums 

• New Customer at Medford Team?

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #1474241  by freightguy

There appears to be a new customer taking tank cars at the Medford team track. Any ideas what or who this is? Wouldn’t be the first time. I remember seeing tank cars around 20 years ago in there for a consignee further east on Peconic Ave.
 #1474423  by freightguy

Triangle Pacific formerly General Building Products still take cars at Medford team. Might be one of the longest tenured customers from both the LIRR/NYA era. However the tank cars are newer business. Heard Winter Brothers further east may finally get a switch also. Medford team has probably been an active siding for the past 60+ years.
 #1474775  by Teutobergerwald

I remember it used to be slightly longer. I also recall a mishap with a boxcar or flatcar that "overpowered" the bumper, all within the past 10-12 years.
 #1484699  by Teutobergerwald

This past Friday, two boxcars were spotted alongside the loading dock, with a tankcar and another boxcar in front of them, partially on the incline. That must make unloading that boxcar difficult...
 #1534332  by freightguy

Looking at the NYA customer base listing it would appear to be Velvet Top. They’ve taken tank carloads at Huntington team track and also boxcar loads of ice melt at Islip team many years back during the NYA era. I would assume the tanks are loaded with some form of calcium.
 #1571591  by DaveBarraza

freightguy wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:26 am Looking at the NYA customer base listing it would appear to be Velvet Top. They’ve taken tank carloads at Huntington team track and also boxcar loads of ice melt at Islip team many years back during the NYA era. I would assume the tanks are loaded with some form of calcium.
Thanks, freightguy