Railroad Forums 

• M9 and M9A Procurement & Acceptance

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

#1474452  by PlaneLoverA380

Nobody posted the last 9 days. Creeped me out. But I found a video on YouTube of CSX Q701 bringing 9012/9013 up the Hudson Line of MN. Link down below⬇️

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sSsf_UPpZHI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PM me if the link doesn't work.

P.S. I just had to revive the thread. 9 DAYS!
 #1474717  by LINYARailfan

I noticed in this photo that the ends are yellow instead of blue. Are these set of M9s going to have the same end scheme as the ones that are currently on the property?
 #1474901  by Head-end View

I wonder what their reasoning was; maybe saving a few dollars per car? Again I say, it looked sharp! I wonder if they're going to leave it on the first few cars that came with it, or peel it off so the fleet will be uniform. If it's left on them, that will make for a few unique and interesting pairs.
 #1474933  by DutchRailnut

Kawasaki will deliver all cars as per specification, and all cars are to be put in NY state colors .
 #1474966  by adamj023

Saw a new M9 when I was on LIRR. Noticed it quickly through the window. Knew it was a new M9 because it had the stripe on the side aka the Cuomo stripe we have seen. Not sure where I was at the time but it was near the existing tracks.
 #1475122  by inthebag

The pre-production cars with yellow fronts are going to Kawasaki in Yonkers first. They actually all derailed in Chicago after they were humped. The trucks will be replaced and car bodies examined for any damage.
 #1475156  by PlaneLoverA380

You gotta be kidding me! It says "DO NOT HUMP" in the window. Clear as day... More money down the drain, more delivery delays, oh my gosh...

In the meantime, I asked my aunt to get a pic of them at Hillside on her commute home. Hopefully she listened...
 #1475166  by adamj023

The image doesn’t show any evidence of damage to the LIRR train. Now if someone has proof of the derailment, I could be wrong but I just don’t see anything wrong with the trainset. Apparently it had the locomotive already connected so it should move soon if not already.