Railroad Forums 

• Slides: Any tips to differentiate original from duplicates?

• Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.
Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.

Moderators: nomis, keeper1616

#1468296  by lvrr325

Picked up a large batch of old slides, most well marked, but I don't know how to tell which are originals versus which are duplicates. I presume Kodak processed slides with a date stamp, exposure number, and process close to the date of the picture are likely originals. However some of them have no date stamp. Are there any easy or obvious clues? I'd like to sell some and I don't want people angry they bid stupid money for what turned out to be a duplicate. From what I recall, back in the day you could send in your originals and Kodak or other processors would make copies, which would be of slightly lesser quality.

I do have quite a few slides I know are originals, both my own collection and old vacation slides I've bought, I can use for comparison or reference.