• Surviving Route Rock Truck Trailer, Covered Hopper

• Discussion relating to The Chicago & North Western, the Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific, the Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad (Milwaukee Road), including mergers, acquisitions, and abandonments.
Discussion relating to The Chicago & North Western, the Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific, the Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad (Milwaukee Road), including mergers, acquisitions, and abandonments.

Moderator: Komachi

by blackbearford

Used for storage on the south side against the building at Lewis General Tires @ 3870 West Henrietta Rd Rochester (Henrietta), NY 14623. Photo documentation is on my to-do list.
Also caught this covered hopper eastbound on CSX, Rochester NY 1/5/17 looking quite sharp for its age. Sorry about the trees.. had to take what I could get as it was on the move. At least the trailer never moves!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by blackbearford

Well I finally got around to that side of town and of course, the trailer isn’t there anymore. There’s a different one (not RI); container on chassis. There’s also some kind of pipe coming out of the building into the trailer. Hopefully the Rock Island unit goes to get swapped somewhere and makes a return. I don’t know what this contraption does but I’ll ask our tire guy next time I see him as we do business with them frequently.