Railroad Forums 

• New Rail Trail planned for Morris County, NJ

• General discussion related to Rail Trails nationwide, including proposed rail trail routes. The official site of the Rails-To-Trails Conservancy can be found here: www.railstotrails.org.
General discussion related to Rail Trails nationwide, including proposed rail trail routes. The official site of the Rails-To-Trails Conservancy can be found here: www.railstotrails.org.

Moderator: railtrailbiker

#1459949  by cjvrr

This is a project coming out of my office at Morris County. Line is long unused and most of the rail has been removed long ago.
 #1462565  by MaRoFu

Darn... I was kinda hoping for the track to be reopened for passenger service... And if they want to make that trail they should make better access from Lincoln Park in my opinion.
 #1601037  by railtrailbiker

https://www.dailyrecord.com/story/news/ ... 364450007/
Work on a $20 million project to convert an abandoned stretch of railroad tracks into a bicycle and pedestrian path that will connect Morris and Passaic counties is finally underway, more than a decade after the start of negotiations on the property.

Crews began to clear brush last week and will soon lift up tracks on a 4.8-mile portion of the New York Susquehanna and Western Railway between Pequannock and Wayne. The plan, spearheaded by Morris County officials, will repurpose the railroad into a 10-foot wide recreational path for hikers and non-motorized vehicles.
Last edited by nomis on Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.