Railroad Forums 

• Nashua, Acton and Boston Rail Trail Sign

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1291393  by neman2

There is an amusingly erroneous sign at an entrance to the trail at 117 Cold Spring Rd. in Westford. Apparently someone mistook the nickname of this line as the "Red Line" (because it never made money) to mean it was part of the MBTA Red Line. The MBTA and its predecessors didn't even exist in 1872!

Sorry I couldn't figure out how to upload the picture but here is a quote from the trail guide sign- "The rail trail passing by the Russell Bird Sanctuary and passing over the Stone Arch Bridge was once a railroad as part of the MBTA Red Line. The Red Line was built in 1872 connecting Acton Ma. with Nashua, NH."
 #1291409  by Cosmo

WHAT THA' &^%$#@#$%^&??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Somebody has their head end up their axle! :P
 #1291564  by Cosmo

Try opening it in Win photo Viewer (or whatever photo software you have, ie: Picasa etc...) and look for the "Resize" option, usually under "File."
Last edited by MEC407 on Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: unnecessary quoting
 #1298402  by MaineCoonCat

Another "trick" is if you have an on-line album like Snapfish, Picasa, Panoramio etc. is to upload the picture to it. Then open the picture on that site, and right-click it. In the drop-down menu that appears, select "Copy Image Location". Then post that location using the Img function. In the "EDIT POST" window, Click the Img button above and then paste the link between the tags..

I used this method to post this example of the syntax here:

As always, Your mileage will vary. Kindly use an album or location that you don't anticipate will change as if it does, the link will be broken and thus disappoint those hoping to view your image in the future. Please PM me if you need further assistance with this. I've tried this with an image measuring 2816×2112 pixels – 703KB with success.
Last edited by MEC407 on Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: unnecessary quoting
 #1418812  by neman2

I know this is an old thread but I went there today (1/28/2017) and the sign is still there and I know how to post the picture now so here it is-
Westford Rail Trail Sign 090614.jpg
 #1421344  by MaineCoonCat

I passed the link to this thread to the Westford Conservation Trust via Facebook. Apparently the trail is owned by the town. The trust is going to let their "trail folks" know about this "error"..

https://www.facebook.com/Westford-Conse ... 480219558/
 #1449253  by MaineCoonCat

neman2 wrote:I know this is an old thread but I went there today (1/28/2017) and the sign is still there and I know how to post the picture now so here it is-
Wondering if they ever fixed this..
 #1450945  by neman2

MaineCoonCat wrote:
neman2 wrote:I know this is an old thread but I went there today (1/28/2017) and the sign is still there and I know how to post the picture now so here it is-
Wondering if they ever fixed this..
I went by today (11/18/17) and it has not been fixed.