Railroad Forums 

• new L&HR book- how good is it?

• Discussion of the L&HR and its predecessor the Warwick Valley Railroad for the period 1860-1976 at its inclusion with ConRail
Discussion of the L&HR and its predecessor the Warwick Valley Railroad for the period 1860-1976 at its inclusion with ConRail

Moderator: David

#1448275  by rhallock

I see that a new L&HR color book has been published Oct 1st. subtitled "A Link in a Great Chain" About $40. Has anyone seen it and is there anything not covered in previous L&HR books?
 #1448387  by Marty Feldner

rhallock wrote:I see that a new L&HR color book has been published Oct 1st. subtitled "A Link in a Great Chain" About $40. Has anyone seen it and is there anything not covered in previous L&HR books?
Russ- It's been available as an E-book for several months- I have the download ($19.95). From Morning Sun, it's all full-page photos with caption info (not always accurate). It pretty much consists of photos that wouldn't fit in the earlier Morning Sun book from Jim Boyd (Jim had told me he had enough material for another volume). Good photos- all color, many never published; minimal new info.
 #1451902  by njtrainspotter

Oh, BTW, it is not pretty much what wouldn't fit in the previous hard cover. Many from the first one were repeated for whatever reason and the other photos weren't avaible back then, most from Bob Wilt. Plenty of mistakes, incorrect locations ad incorrect information.
 #1484043  by CNJ Fan 4evr

Great book BUT...... a bit pricy for only a paperback. Some repeated pictures as mentioned but a lot of new ones.It makes no difference. If it is a book on L&HR I will buy it. The Tracy Antz / JIm Boyd hardcover is priced out of this world now. Glad I bought it when it was hot off the press. I remember going to a Jersey Central chapter meeting as a guest of the late Pete Terp to see Jim's slide show on L&HR. It was a long but wonderful slide show that was basically a preview for the book that came out a few years later.