Railroad Forums 

• Amtrak On-Time Performance (OTP) Delays Reroutes Annulled

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1439262  by Gilbert B Norman

#4 (25) in a grade X-ing incident about 15mi East of Emporia:

http://ksnt.com/2017/07/27/train-hits-c ... r-reading/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

X marks the spot

Website Train Status reports "Service Disruption"

"Hearts and Flowers" to the cattle.
 #1439390  by Gilbert B Norman

According to the website, #4 (25) arrived CUS 105A or some 560ML.

Here is more detailed local media coverage:

http://www.emporiagazette.com/area_news ... 41985.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fair Use:
.A collision between an Amtrak train and a cattle trailer sent one man to the hospital Thursday.

The Kansas Highway Patrol stated in a report Thursday afternoon that the accident was caused when the driver of the semi which was pulling the cattle trailer did not yield for the train.

The accident was reported 8:13 a.m near the intersection of Road X and Road 140, about 1.5 miles west of Reading. The wreck sent the engineer of the train to Newman Regional Health with minor injuries.

There were, however, several injured cattle, some of which were fatal. The exact number is unknown. The trailer was nearly split in half by the collision
 #1439403  by jhdeasy

Train 20(27) departed ALX at 2:22 PM. That's about 4 hours 47 minutes late. At first I thought it was train 92, but then I saw the Heritage (NP) diner and the A2 business class car, confirming that it was The Crescent.
 #1439985  by chuchubob

Mudvalve wrote:I haven't seen any official service announcements from Amtrak about 29/30. I have a trip scheduled for 29 on the 5th from WAS to CHI.
Amtrak announced that 29/30 would be bustituted between Washington and Pittsburgh for the next four days in an article dated Aug 3.