Railroad Forums 

• Abandoned Sea Isle City Branch Pics

• Discussion relating to the PRSL
Discussion relating to the PRSL

Moderator: JJMDiMunno

#1434320  by liftedjeep

-Pictures I have assembled over the past few years of what remains of the former WJ&S' Sea Isle City Branch.

The album begins at the site of the former Sea Isle City Junction in South Seaville and continues east through the marshes towards Sea Isle City:

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/archiv ... x?id=97309" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ben
 #1447909  by liftedjeep

JimBoylan wrote:What about a similar expedition on the Reading Co.'s branch?
The RDG's Sea Isle City Branch is a bit more tricky when it comes to any type of exploration. There's close to nothing left, and what remains is extremely difficult to get to......
However, back in September while on vacation, my dad and brother put the canoe in behind Strathmere and paddled out though the bay and into Ben Hands Thorofare. There, located along one of the sedge banks is a concrete bridge support. To my knowledge, it is the only "physical" remnant renaming of the Reading RoW into Sea Isle City.
I'll attach two pictures of the bridge support that were taken by my dad, as well as a screen shot of a satellite view of the area in discussion. The "yellow arrow" on the screen shot points to the former RoW roadbed. The "blue arrow" to the concrete bridge support. Both photos of the bridge support were taken looking towards the mainland, with Strathmere behind the photographer.
Ben
Attachments:
26331.jpeg
26331.jpeg (886.44 KiB) Viewed 4223 times
26330.jpeg
26330.jpeg (938.38 KiB) Viewed 4223 times
20171020_212835.jpeg
20171020_212835.jpeg (505.64 KiB) Viewed 4223 times